This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Qq

• Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $0.46
      BB:
      $3.98
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) 8:club: , 6:heart: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, SB calls $0.16, BB raises to $0.32, Hero calls $0.16, SB raises to $0.38 (All-In), BB calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.

Turn: ($1.38) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.69, Hero calls $0.69.

River: ($2.76) 9:club: (3 players)
      BB raises $2.83 (All-In), Hero raises to $0.85 (All-In).

Final Pot: $6.44

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qd Qc)
      SB shows (Jh 8h)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, eights (8s 8d)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, eights (8s 8d)

--- I was worried they might have a set but I didn't really want to give up my QQ here, I don't know what I should have done in this hand at all, on the flop, turn or river. Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since it is 3-way you can consider b/f flop, especially when player is tight and passive. Right now you´re against player who seems rather be passive, so if you don´t think he would ever c/r 3-way there overpairs or draws, then b/f would be best option.
      Once you call flop then I thinking calling down is a little better than folding turn or river. Since then you should have some kind of read that he can c/r flop weaker hands than QQ