[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 - second pair on dry flop vs LAG

• KittBizi
      KittBizi
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      Villain is a 33/25 player with a WTSD of 45% (had about 150 hands on him).

What is the default play here?
      My cbet on the flop was for value since he'll call with alot of hands that I beat.
      (55-TT, maybe some overs, and maybe even air if he just wants to float).

Turn is a brick. I bet again most of the time in these kind of spots because of a few reasons:
      - If I check he'll fire this turn about 80% of the time, and it's hard for me to put him on a hand in these spots (I think I'm still good here alot of the time).
      - I don't like calling a river bet if he checks back the turn, because again you're guessing as to what he can have.
      - I basically wanna try and get some value on the turn instead of on the river. So I bet the turn (keep initiative, he might even fold out his air) planning to ch/fold the river.

I'm not sure if this is correct vs this kind of player?
      Maybe ch/raise the flop? to see all 3 streets for 1 price is also ok?

I sometimes have a hard time finding the thin line between valuebetting and bluffing :)

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($61.20)
      UTG+1 Tavanic ($99.95)
      CO triplehbk ($77.75)
      BTN Snatch Police ($51.35)
      SB MrChooChoo ($50.25)
      BB Spangi77 ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG J:club: J:heart:
      Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, triplehbk calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: Q:heart: 4:club: 4:spade: ($4.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3, triplehbk calls $3

Turn: 6:spade: ($10.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7.25, triplehbk calls $7.25

River: Q:club: ($25.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, triplehbk bets $15, Hero ?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d personally tend to c/c turn, since every hand that he floated on the flop, starting with 55 and ending AJ would likely fold to your turn barrel or turn it into bluff and raise it.
      It is very common line that you would c-bet once and then c/f blank turn, so I think it is good to balance c/c.
      River it depends: some players would then bluff river and you can call them down, others would give up. Until you don´t have any kind of information calling down is better option.
      As played: since his line is mostly Qx hands I´d c/f river
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black

Kaitz, does 2nd Q on river make any difference to our decision?

i.e. can we say "he has now less combos of Qx so he is more likely bluffing"?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64

Kaitz, does 2nd Q on river make any difference to our decision?

i.e. can we say "he has now less combos of Qx so he is more likely bluffing"?
      It depends how I get there.
      If you´re really betting turn, then he won´t really float you almost never without pair (unless he picked up flushdraw) and if he has there pair then very often he would check back since he has showdown value.
      Also he is happily betting all his Qx hands, since if river were blank he might take his free showdown with QT, but right now he basically holds there nuts.
      So if I c/c turn, then c/c Q river is fine. If I would bet turn I tend to c/f, but it depends a lot of the player and how often I think he is floating on the flop adn turn and if he is ever turning his made pp into bluff (most people won`t)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ok, thats a good explanation, thanks. :)