$8
      MP3:
      $4,34
      CO:
      $0,79
      BU:
      $13,23

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.94 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG calls $0,04, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,32, 2 folds, CO calls $0,32, 3 folds, UTG calls $0,28, UTG2 raises to $0,60, Hero calls $0,28, CO calls $0,28, UTG calls $0,28.

Flop: ($2,46) J:heart: , T:club: , 7:club: (4 players)
      UTG checks, UTG2 bets $0,24, Hero raises to $1,51, CO calls $0,19 (All-In), UTG calls $1,51, UTG2 raises to $2,78, Hero raises to $4,05, UTG calls $2,54, UTG2 calls $1,18 (All-In).

Turn: ($14,71) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($14,71) K:diamond: (4 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $14,71
      I was worried about UTG+2, because with only 13 hands I can't really. The two other players would call allins with a 2nd pair. I though AQ could play it that way, but I'd like your opinion
  • 4 replies
    • mirelbogdan
      mirelbogdan
      Bronze
      UTG2 may be making a move because he called and waited for someone to raise, and then someone to call the raise so he could then reraise big and take the pot. But obviously he doesn't know the theory of isolation and kinda minraises... to 15 BB....(after your initial 7 BB raise) and all callers. I'd put him on aces.
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi DoigteurFou!

Just get it in preflop... re-raise UTG2 min raise, if he has AA, KK, AK note him.

Flop is pretty disgusting: str8 already possible, A:cK, got better hand than you, JJ, TT got you crushed. You are never happy to get it in on flop, as you are most likely behind here or at best fliping.

Unfortunately I do not see much other options than get it in, POT is already $2.5, so I am incliened to get it in to UTG2 re-raise - his line is really odd.

BTW, had UTG or UTG2 AA/KK?

Funktor
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      UTG had a crap hand (I don't even remember it... T4o I think). UTG2 had aces, effectively. They were so obvious, but his line were at the same time so odd that I couldn't find a fold while playing it, and chose the value way
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DoigteurFou,

Preflop: The problem here is that we only can set mine against UTG2 range, since he is often representing with is Limp/Raise only and only KK or AA, most often even AA here. Therefore I would just play for set postflop and likely even give it up, also we will be in big multiway pot. I don't really like to go broke here.

Flop: As I said earlier, we are playing mostly only for set here, therefore I wouldn't even raise here, most often at maximum I would just Call and reevaluate the turn. As played I'd definitely just Bet/Fold, we don't beat anything anymore.

As played if flop was Called
      Turn: As you decided to Call the flop then ship it here, there is no point in letting others to draw or something similar.

Best regards.