This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[DONE] Problems installing database

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I had elephant working greatly with a working database, and had almost 3k hands on it. However because of a problem for Tableturboscan to use the database I chose to delete and recreate a new database, to see if the problem comes from there.

So, I backed up my database, deleted it, and I can't recreate one! I checked if postgreSQL was running and yes. I get to the display asking for a name, password, database name, and whenever I try something I get this:

"la connection vers le server de base de données n'a pas pu être créée !
      Plus d'informations:
      FATAL: 28000: password authentification failed for user "xxx" "

Which could be translated that way:

"connection to the database server couldn't be created!
      More informations:
      FATAL: 28000: password authentification failed for user "xxx" "

I tried to uninstall and reinstall elephant, and it still doesn't work (and moreover, I had 8 days left before having to get the licence, and now it says that I have no more day left, but that's another problem which is without importance until I manage to create a DB)

Any thoughs?
  • 4 replies
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      is it not clear from error message that you entered wrong username/password?
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      i have same problem..i try 2 hours to fix that...re install all SQL and elephant ten times and shit* happen again..i just give up...i lost to many nervers :f_mad: ..im sick of elephant that piece of shi* and fu..SQL..life is just relaxing without it...

by by
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Okay, after 4 hours fighting with my computer, complete uninstall of both elephant and postgreSQL, update to the latest version of each, fight in the windows 7 ugly to completely uninstall what was left from older postgresql installation. Elephant works again, and tablescanturbo as well!!!

I just don't know what changed when I did it for the tenth time, but as an old philosopher used to say: Don't ask any questions!
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      :s_confused:

Hmm, please open a new thread if you experience any more problems using the elephant.