This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Aa

• feketepok
      feketepok
      Bronze
      Full Tilt - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $0.66
      UTG+1: $0.86
      MP: $1.97
      Hero (MP+1): $2.63
      LP: $1.93
      CO: $1.81
      BTN: $2.40
      SB: $0.68
      BB: $1.28

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.27, 2 players) 5:diamond: 4:spade: 2:club:
      MP bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, MP calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.75, 2 players) 5:club:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($3.15, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      MP bets $0.41 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.41

-------------

Villain (based on only 12 hands) appeared to be LAG. How would you play this hand?
  • 5 replies
    • McHallow
      McHallow
      Bronze
      Looking at him, and I might be completely wrong and I'm still trying to learn to read ranges so bear with me.

From his preflop raise from a reasonably early position I'd put him on a pocket pair, AJ+ KJ+ or MAYBE A2-5 depending on how loose he is. As the flop came it's a low bet but hell he might have no idea what a Cbet is but I think I'd put him on an over pair, though a set is well within his range maybe even top pair with A kicker.

His check raise on the turn indicates some pretty high strength and I think I'd probabaly fold at this point as although Ahigh two pair is good, there are alot of hands out there that beat you: A5,A3,54,55,44,22. All within his starting range, well except 54 ;P.

By the river, You can only all but call here. So yeah.

Was a right at any point here on the final result? If I'm well off the mark.. back to the drawing board ;P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello feketepok,

Flop: You can even raise it bigger on flop, since they are that loose, ~$0.40 should do it.
      Turn: Since we don't really know the opponent and we have shown a lot of strength on flop then I might even consider just Bet/Folding it here, since I often see with such move from a villain who has us beat. Rarely see some weaker PP here, depending on his AF. Also I would bet ~$0.50.

As played if we Called turn
      River: As we decided to Call just go broke here, nothing much to do. But otherwise I'd likely just ship it on turn if we are planning to Call anyway.

Best regards.
    • feketepok
      feketepok
      Bronze
      Villain had J5o - totally unexpected...:)
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      i would make biger raise preflop with intension to go broke on flop/turn...imo...its NL2 and a lot players dont stick to "rules"...they call raise of 3bb like raise with 6-7bb with same hands ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by feketepok
      Villain had J5o - totally unexpected...:)
      Likely 5x or a set which made FH on turn, that's why I don't see us often being ahead there. Check/Call or either Bet/Call flop and then Check/Raise turn is usually a very strong line where we could easily even fold our OP.