[NL2-NL10] NL 1/2 Hit Nut flush on flop

• McHallow
      Known players:   

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , J:spade:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.11, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.09, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.09.

Flop: ($0.40) A:spade: , 3:spade: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.08, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.40

Going from my reasonably small sample of hands both of these players seemed reasonably loose.

I bet very small to hopefully induce a raise but as you can see they folded, should I have checked behind to let them see the flop and hopefully make a hand? or did I do the right move.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello McHallow,

Preflop: If they are also loose postflop then you can even just Call it preflop and play postflop against them but as played, then I'd raise it a bit bigger, ~$0.16.

As played
      Flop: I'd even bet bigger here, ~$0.30 to build up the pot and make it look like we are trying to protect. And no you don't want to Check behind as I already said that we have to build up the pot and hopefully someone has an Ace here or even better.

Best regards.