$0.73
      UTG2:
      $2.03
      MP1:
      $0.30
      MP3:
      $1.99

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:club: , 9:spade: . MP1 posts a blind of $0.02.
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 checks, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.09, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0.07, UTG2 calls $0.07, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $0.07.

Flop: ($0.40) J:spade: , Q:spade: , T:spade: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, 3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.40

Despite having 15 outs for trips or better on this board I felt the fact there was a royal flush on the board a little bit daunting so I semibluffed, did I do this too high as I potentially had a tonof implied odds here? Or was my action probably wise by getting them out of the pot before they could hit me with a better hand?

EDIT: On the upside of this hand whatever happened this hand tipped me over the 100 strategy points mark, so see you all as a silver shortly ;P
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello McHallow,

Preflop: I don't like the raise at all here! We have a very weak hand and also a lot of loose opponents against who we will play OOP postflop and we will never know where we stand, either they aren't giving up their hand that easily. Therefore I'd rarely consider raising here, even limping is sometimes out of question because of the gapper being so big and unsuited.

As played
      Flop: As we were PFA but even then I don't really like the CBet here against so many loose opponents, it's hardly to see them all to fold and lucky situation. But of course it's doable since we are still going to continue with our hand if we get cheap enough it.

Overall, never do overplay such hands playing OOP, I am definitely sure that you are leaks playing such hands and they don't bring you profit. Fix the leak or your leak is going to cost you a lot.

Best regards.
    • McHallow
      McHallow
      Bronze
      I'm not sure what I was doing here raising that it's usually not in my raising range but hey I'll make sure it doesn't happen again to avoid leaking chips all over the place

Cheers on the advice I'll plug up such postflop plays immediately
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by McHallow
      I'm not sure what I was doing here raising that it's usually not in my raising range but hey I'll make sure it doesn't happen again to avoid leaking chips all over the place

Cheers on the advice I'll plug up such postflop plays immediately
      Yeah, sometimes such things happen, that might come from tilt, that might come also from getting good cards and hitting a lot, various of factors could make you do such moves. And you are welcome!