Omaha Software

• SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      I'm looking for a hand manager - something like Elephant. Graphs, stats and HUD aren't really needed, I'm just looking for something free that I can look over my hands with. PTR gives me my daily stats, but it doesn't have my hole cards.

Is there such a thing out there?

I have very little volume (2-4 tabling 5 hours/wk) on PLO $0.01/0.02 so is it worth it to buy a small stakes software?
  • 5 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      If you're not aware, Omaha Manager (Hold'em Manager's Omaha version) and Poker Tracker 3 both offer free trials. That at least could give you a month or so before having to pay.

The cheapest I found Omaha Manager small stakes was $50, but that was through a pay strategy site.

If it was me, I'd just wait till I got to a okayish roll (say $250ish) and buy it using that. Call it a motivation device.

I'm afraid I'm not aware of any other alternatives. Good luck though!

BTW as for looking over your hands, you could always try to note down interesting hand numbers then go through your hand histories and use an online converter to make them easier to read/analyse. Bit of a mish I guess but it's certainly an alternative.
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Speaking of software....

Is there smth like Omnaha Poker Stove that I can dowload?
      Or anything that will really help me w my game?
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Can't afford Omaha Manager and I don't put enough volume in to justify it anyway, so I use Omaha Indicator. I think there is a free trial but not sure. It ranks hands [HPoints] and relevant stats for current and historical sessions. It also has a HUD. I needed to play 900 hands to get it for free so I multitabled 4c 10 seat SnGs and played every hand. Didnt take long and I made a profit! Lol.

Is this relevant to you?
      http://www.turningriver.com/omaha-hand-calculator-download.html
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Is this relevant to you?
      http://www.turningriver.com/omaha-hand-calculator-download.html
      This looks the same as ProPokerTools.com, but prettier. Is it?

@THESHade: I've heard there isn't, but that advice is maybe a year old so it may have changed by now. I understand that an "omaha stove" is just massively complicated to produce. Again, ProPokerTools and similar sites are still the best option AFAIK.
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the replies,
      so I guess there isn't really a free one out there.

I'm thinking of signing up to one of the less populated rooms with another site and getting Omaha Manager off them.

though for these two weeks, I'll try the trial :)