This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 50. JJ in 3bet pot

• AlexGerasim
      AlexGerasim
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($39.95)
      Hero ($59.30)
      UTG ($40.70)
      CO ($80.70)
      BTN ($65.55)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4.75, CO calls $3.25

FLOP ($9.75) T:diamond: 3:club: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $6.50, CO calls $6.50

TURN ($22.75) T:diamond: 3:club: 5:diamond: T:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $14, Hero calls $14

RIVER ($50.75) T:diamond: 3:club: 5:diamond: T:spade: 6:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $55.45 (AI), Hero folds

CO wins $48.25

Should I c/c or c/f turn? I don't think that bet/f is an option, because he won't fold any hand which he called flop
  • 2 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Stats, reads?
      Depending on villain, I play it the same way if he likes to float in 3b pots (then we induce a bet).

But generally I would prefer bet/fold turn, since although the T changes nothing, villain also has to be worried we have Tx or a big pair and will also be folding his AK/AQ hands which is fine. If I bet turn, I ch/f river as I dont think he then has enough bluffs in his range.

Once we check turn, we indicate a medium strength hand (we will normally barrel the fd instead of ch/calling it) and so a good villain may decide to just bet turn+river to get us off whatever we hold.

As played, I fold the river too - although sometimes we are folding the best hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d personally c/rai most of the time and reason for that is:
      - he is not calling too many hands with Tx, mostly some Txs hands, although he might also fold pf AT-T9s
      - players tend to float these boards, since very often you don´t have anything and then would take it down on the turn c-bet
      - also he would likely not call pf with 33/55, so
      I should be ahead there very often and really no reason to think he may not b/c there smt like 88 which he doesn´t really out more money in, unless he thinks it is no good and would turn it into bluff.
      And I´d also like to protect my hand against draws