This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 50. Dopper on the river

• AlexGerasim
      AlexGerasim
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($92.75)
      BB ($41.70)
      Hero ($64.05)
      UTG+1 ($17.40)
      CO ($241)
      BTN ($54.40)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $1.75, UTG+1 calls $1.75, CO calls $1.75, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($6) A:diamond: 7:club: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $4, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $4

TURN ($14) A:diamond: 7:club: 5:diamond: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $8.50, CO calls $8.50

RIVER ($31) A:diamond: 7:club: 5:diamond: 2:diamond: K:heart:

Hero bets $15, CO raises to $227 (AI), Hero calls $34.80 (AI)

Villain seems like reg. Should I bet/f river?
  • 3 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I think you are up against a flush or set nrly 100% of the time when villain ships like this on river.

So definitely bet/fold imo, without reads.

Could even consider ch/f on river - since I dont think villain has many bluffs in his range now and its hard to think he will call worse hands now. Maybe too weak. But bet/call is overplaying I think.
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      i think that shove on river is pure value shove, he dont have a lot of blufs/hands u beat in his range imo

i think checking turn for pot control is ok
      also i think checking on river is best play, cos i cant see him call you with worse hand except AxQd but i think he will bet that hand on river + some blufs too so i think most value u gain bu checking river
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I personally think that it is never good idea putting in 60% on your stack and then folding top two pair. You should have some reads, how did he get that stack. Usually it means that player is very aggressive and making quite a lot of moves, so I don´t mind b/c river, although against unknown b/f might be better.