Q for mass-multitablers on pokerstars

• Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Hey, i was wondering about PC's hardware. When i was 35tabling, i was getting a bit of lag, using HEM, TN and WMP at the time while playing.

PC:
      Quad 2 Core, 4x2,4GHz
      4GB RAM
      GeForce 8600GT 256MB

I guess the problem might be mine graphics card, right? What are you using, cause i have plans for 40+ tabling AND multisiting, which requires even better set up.
  • 5 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      well ur graphics card looks to be the weakest link..
    • Mrt1989
      Mrt1989
      Bronze
      VGA card has nothing to do with that , get your self better harddrive (SSD drive)
      Your cpu is ok also.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      what harddrive has to do with this?

EDIT: Where can i find what harddrive i have? on win 7. And btw, wasn't totally sure about VGA card's memory. Just checked and i assume that it's using PC's memory (Approx. Total Memory: 1777 MB, that's for VGA).
      Oh, and i guess that this might be caused because of my win partition. It's so full, 2,5GB free of 39 GB. Can i expand it without formatting partition?
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      what harddrive has to do with this?

EDIT: Where can i find what harddrive i have? on win 7. And btw, wasn't totally sure about VGA card's memory. Just checked and i assume that it's using PC's memory (Approx. Total Memory: 1777 MB, that's for VGA).
      Oh, and i guess that this might be caused because of my win partition. It's so full, 2,5GB free of 39 GB. Can i expand it without formatting partition?
      It's not the HDD space that's the issue, it's the HDD speed, if your drive is only 40GB it might be an old slow 5400RPM IDE. At least improve to a 7200RPM SATA, and consider a 10000RPM+ drive or an SSD.

As for graphics, the max VRAM on the 8600GT is 1GB, most versions are 256MB though, like yours, DxDiag etc might say you're using 1-2GB but that's because it's giving you some of your PC's RAM as extra VRAM (not a good thing)

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&q=buy+5770&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=14696734558578437686&ei=HiUOTdSGC4eMswaxncX8DA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q8wIwAA#

^ This is a great graphics card that is great for even high end gaming, and especially for high resolutions and multiple windows etc - and very cheap for what it offers.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Mine HDD is 500 GB and it's two years old, dunno what's it's speed, but as i've checked seems as it uses ATA connection, so i guess it's slower. What is an SSD btw?

And for graphics, yes i'll be looking for the best offers for high resolutions and probably multiple monitors too.