Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , J:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) K:diamond: , T:diamond: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.14, BB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.73) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35.

River: ($1.43) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.43

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Ks Js)
      BB shows (Qd Tc)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Ks Js)

Not sure how I played this hand.

Flop: I'm not sure what hands he would min raise the flop with, I decided to call and see what he did on the turn. I thought even if I was beat and he had a set there are a lot of cards I that I could represent on the turn and float with.

Turn: Here I was quite unsure how to continue. With a small bet I couldn't see that he was trying to protect a strong hand he made on the flop. This only really leaves bluffs in his range I thought. I called rather than raising as I don't think he is 3 barreling with a bluff so if he bet again on river I can fold rather than risking getting reraised if I raised turn.

I think I either played this well or really badly and should have folded earlier, so let me know :tongue:

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Jeffers16!

On flop min, raise could mean strong hand, that is trying to extract maximu, but do not want to push you way from the pot.

I believe that call is fine as you have some back door str8 potential as well.

On turn hand his min bet either means completed str8 or weak hand. You have gutshot so I believe that call is still fine. I do not see much value in betting river, as you cannot any worse hands will call you here... there might quite a lot 2 pairs... KT, T8 in his range as well. Raising here does not make any sense as only better hands will call you and I do not expect that you make him fold many better hands here.

I would fold river to additional bet, if the bet is smallish (less 1/2 POT) I would call probably.

Funktor