This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] set vs KK(K)

• crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5,4
      Hero:
      $4,93

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , K:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,25, 2 folds, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,52) J:club: , 7:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,4, BB calls $0,40.

Turn: ($1,32) 9:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,85, BB raises to $2,00, Hero raises to $3,15, BB raises to $4,75 (All-In), Hero calls $1,13 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($9,88) K:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9,88

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, kings (Kd Kc)
      BB shows (7s 7c)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, kings (Kd Kc)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Against a more fishy player I'd just bet huge on the turn, he won't fold a J ever and the 9 turn brought in a bunch of draws that he would talk himself into calling again with no matter the sizing.

Against him I think he can actually fold a J to a river if you make it huge on both streets and/or find a fold on the turn with weakish pair+draw hands if he doesn't get decent odds, so I don't mind you going with the smaller bet.

When he check/raises you, either he's actually fishy enough to go nuts with a combo hand there (which even if he has, he still has a ton of equity), or he's not and you're way behind. To me it's a fold more often than not against a guy with those stats that scream "I just like to play speculative hands even tho I'm tight as hell".

Hope it helps.