[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR. AK in position, no initiative.

• utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      opponent is kind of a regular, 16/11, 3bet 7.5%, agg 3.3, cbet 78, turn continuation 60, hands 313.

Waiting some reasonable playing lines from our judges :heart: and gentlemans, please explain why you offer that kind of play and etc... :) Thanks in advance! =)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $23.29
      MP2:
      $18.90
      MP3:
      $19.44
      CO:
      $21.31
      BU (Hero):
      $11.36
      SB:
      $10.14
      BB:
      $21.03
      UTG2:
      $25.61

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      4 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, SB folds, BB raises to $1.10, CO folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.35) J, 6, K (2 players)
      BB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.35) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $5.10, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.35.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

He seems to be 3betting reasonably often even tho he's tight, so actually like your preflop call. If you 4-bet he'll play perfectly (jam anything that crush you and fold everything you beat), if you call he can still hang himself. Generally I'm not planning on folding very many flop in position when i call preflop in these spots.

As played you flop TPTK so obviously there is no folding on the flop. Shoving is okay but you're generally hard-pressed to get called by worse hands from tight players when you take back the initiative. I like calling best.

On the turn it depends on your reads really. If he's ever capable of bombing the turn again with stuff like KQ and/or bluffs you have to shove, if him betting again means JJ/KK+/AK always folding is fine. I think when in doubt shoving should be your default play, it's very common for low stakes player that pick up 3betting to really mess it up postflop.

Hope it helps.