NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.81)
      Hero ($16.96)
      UTG ($21.23)
      UTG+1 ($9.55)
      CO ($25.03)
      BTN ($9.56)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.35, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.10, CO calls $0.75

FLOP ($2.25) 8:club: T:heart: 4:spade:

Hero bets $1.35, CO calls $1.35

TURN ($4.95) 8:club: T:heart: 4:spade: A:diamond:

Hero checks, CO checks

RIVER ($4.95) 8:club: T:heart: 4:spade: A:diamond: 4:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $3.10, Hero calls $3.10

18/16/3.2 169hands

PRE: stand
      F: stand
      T: i c/c for pot control and i don't see a lot value betting here.
      R: i check becouse he looks agressiv so he can overplay Tx, JJ. good line or c/f river??
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd rather bet the turn than check/call it, I don't expect this guy to start value-betting Tx once turn comes an overcard. He could however be convinced that you're full of **** when you bet again at that A and call again with Tx or a straight draw. If you think he floats you on the flop with Ax a lot it's much thinner I wouldn't mind not betting, but in this case it's even worse to check/call when he has a bunch of top pairs in his range, so I'd check/fold.

The river is really hard to predict. I don't think he's value-betting Tx- really so that's good. If he never checks back Ax on the turn he's bluffing all the time. Problem is I'd never put it past him to check back Ax on the turn and I just don't think he'll be that bluff happy overall either. His bet-sizing kinda looks like he wants a call as well. Personally I find it's generally not worth looking people up in that spot, but if your reads say otherwise, stick with them until you prove they're wrong, you can't get better at this time if you don't follow (and correct if needed) your instinct.

Hope it helps.