This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl 50 sh Ak OOP

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($50)
      CO ($48.15)
      Button ($98)
      SB ($50)
      BB ($56.75)
      Hero (UTG) ($50.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, A
      Hero bets $2, 2 folds, Button calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 2, A, 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, Button raises to $9.50,Hero ???

Villain is 24/17/3.0 25% fold to cbet and 27% WTsd over 106 hands

What should I do?
      If I assume that he is doing that with some draws I think that it's good to raise call

If I assume he is not doing that should I fold directly?

I would like to call then make a b/f (bet like 12-13 into a 23 pot) non spade turn and ch/f on a spade. Is this a viable line ? On a spade I beat only his bluffs and I don't have enough stats to assume that he is often bluffing in that spot.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yeah, that is the biggest problem playing rush, you have no reads mostly to the players. So then you have to consider only regular stats and positions.
      I would personally b/f flop and take note, since only draws that he is mostly raising on AT2ss board are KQ/QJs that are flipping against your range and other hands are for value: 22/TT/AT/A2.
      AK against that range is crushed:

board: AsTs2d
      Hand Equity Wins Ties
      AhKs 18.12% 2,493 38
      22,tt,at,Ac2c,KsQs,QsJs 81.88% 11,329 38

So better to protect your stack and b/f flop and taking note than b/c flop and then deciding on the turn if you want to c/rai or not.

If it was co vs bu then his raising range on the flop can definitely wider, but since your range utg is already very strong I think he won´t mess you too much on AT2ss board
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      If I assume that he is doing that with some draws I think that it's good to raise call If I assume he is not doing that should I fold directly?

Agreed.

If you think he has some draws, you might also consider calling flop and check/R blank turn all in. But basically folding the flop cant ever be a big mistake vs a reg imo. It smacks our range and AQ is likely never doing this (just calling instead) so this is very often a set.