[NL20-NL50] Nl 50 sh Ak OOP

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($50)
      CO ($48.15)
      Button ($98)
      SB ($50)
      BB ($56.75)
      Hero (UTG) ($50.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, A
      Hero bets $2, 2 folds, Button calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 2, A, 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, Button raises to $9.50,Hero ???

Villain is 24/17/3.0 25% fold to cbet and 27% WTsd over 106 hands

What should I do?
      If I assume that he is doing that with some draws I think that it's good to raise call

If I assume he is not doing that should I fold directly?

I would like to call then make a b/f (bet like 12-13 into a 23 pot) non spade turn and ch/f on a spade. Is this a viable line ? On a spade I beat only his bluffs and I don't have enough stats to assume that he is often bluffing in that spot.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yeah, that is the biggest problem playing rush, you have no reads mostly to the players. So then you have to consider only regular stats and positions.
      I would personally b/f flop and take note, since only draws that he is mostly raising on AT2ss board are KQ/QJs that are flipping against your range and other hands are for value: 22/TT/AT/A2.
      AK against that range is crushed:

board: AsTs2d
      Hand Equity Wins Ties
      AhKs 18.12% 2,493 38
      22,tt,at,Ac2c,KsQs,QsJs 81.88% 11,329 38

So better to protect your stack and b/f flop and taking note than b/c flop and then deciding on the turn if you want to c/rai or not.

If it was co vs bu then his raising range on the flop can definitely wider, but since your range utg is already very strong I think he won´t mess you too much on AT2ss board
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      If I assume that he is doing that with some draws I think that it's good to raise call If I assume he is not doing that should I fold directly?

Agreed.

If you think he has some draws, you might also consider calling flop and check/R blank turn all in. But basically folding the flop cant ever be a big mistake vs a reg imo. It smacks our range and AQ is likely never doing this (just calling instead) so this is very often a set.