Have RakeBack at Full Tilt? Thinking of switching to PokerStars with thier 'loyalty program'?

• MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      Posted this at another forum and thought it might have some relevance in this forum, it's a breakdown of how much RB you can get at Full Tilt if you get rakeback and take advantage of the Iron Man promotion!

I mentioned in this forum to someone that if you're making Iron Man each month you get get nearly 70% rakeback (including bonuses, medals etc), he never believed me and wanted to see some maths so I delivered!

Enjoy...

Ok here goes...

Let's start with the cheapest way possible to make Gold status using SNGs (easier to work out and I don't play cash games so I can't be bothered working it out that way).

You'd need to pay $12.5 for 25 days of the month, that's $312.5.

First we'll work out the freeroll value...

$20,000 /630(based upon this month) = $31.75

Now we'll do the standard rakeback and deduct the value of the freeroll...

(0.27*312.5)-(31.75*0.27) = $75.80

Value of the Iron Man medals... calculated by only buying $26 tournament tickets...

26/140=$0.19
      0.19*100=$18.75

FTPs (same method as medals)
      Each FTP is worth $0.0045 if you bought a $26 ticket so total based on rake payed(no happy hour or anything like that just base FTP) = $14.01

And last is the End of Year(or mid) bonus.

Standard $75

Add all of those numbers up comes to $215.13 which works out at 68.84% rakeback.

Now obviously you'd have to play in January to work off the end of year bonus but if you're planning on playing anyway, it's not deducted from rakeback so in effect it's free money.

Similar calculations can be done in a spreadsheet I made and I'll upload it somewhere if anyone's interested, it does it for all levels bronze/silver etc and gives you a total RB percentage.

Here's the same calc I made on just scraping the Iron Status...

Rake Payed $625.00

End Of Year Bonus $100.00
      Rakeback $157.18
      Medals $27.86
      Freeroll (Average) $42.86
      FTPs $28.02

Total $355.91
      Total Rakeback % 56.95%

Again this assumes you're going to play in Jan/Jul and are capable of clearing the full $600 bonus in 45 days ( I think you'd need to average about 350 per day every day which shouldn't be too difficult if you're making 250 on an almost daily basis).

Plus with Iron Man after 3 years you're getting 900 medals a month which are worth a whopping $167.14 ($26 ticket bought) which is more than you'd get in standard rakeback if you play in the freeroll, this ups your full RB percentage to 79.23%.

I love the way people do all those calculations for PokerStars with their bonus system giving RB percentages within one hundredth of a percent, then just give Full Tilt 27% without taking into account all of the other excellent promotions here.

I suppose I could include Blackcard and do a calculation including Iron Man as well but it will be a while before I'll get a Blackcard so I can't be arsed.

I hope this helps someone, I made a spreadsheet so if anyone wants a copy of it or if you want some numbers for making the Bronze/Silver level RB percentage then just ask!
  • 8 replies
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Mike,

very nice post. I´ve seen something like this at 2+2 few months ago when Black card was introduced.

You can even enhance the rakeback % if you buy more expensive tournament tickets (personally I buy sunday brawl 256$ ticket) for medals and FTP. It is even not difficult to get black member status and you can also play some of your sessions in happy hours. And if you are veteran in iron man status, you really get a lot by growing medals. I have been told that this way you can get your rakeback close to 80-90%.

Could you please share your spreadsheets with calculations? I´d be really interested (my email is Sigurdur@seznam.cz).

I´d also appreciate calculation of my average rakeback %. I am black card holder, play around 25% of my sessions during happy hours and I play only cash game FR rush. I am in my 4th month of Ironman and usually get gold or iron freeroll. I play approximately 900base ftp per day - at least this is my last 100 days average. I buy sunday brawl tickets for 55,000 ftp and iron man medals as well.
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      You need to pay rake for mid/endyear bonus so this calculation is wrong
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by METALzx
      You need to pay rake for mid/endyear bonus so this calculation is wrong
      In the past there were no rakeback deduction on the mid/ end of year bonus but the official line of FullTilt is that all bonuses will affect rakeback so it might change.
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      and you should also deduct the value of iron man medals and ftp from gross rakeback... It means decrease your rakeback by -18.75*0,27 - 14.01*0,27 = 8,84$

• MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cornie4ever
      and you should also deduct the value of iron man medals and ftp from gross rakeback... It means decrease your rakeback by -18.75*0,27 - 14.01*0,27 = 8,84$

No deduction if you buy tickets with your medals or FTPs, they are the best deal IMO.

As for the end of year bonus, I was informed that you don't get a rakeback hit, unlike regular Iron Man bonuses and First Deposit etc.
    • MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cornie4ever
      Hi Mike,

very nice post. I´ve seen something like this at 2+2 few months ago when Black card was introduced.

You can even enhance the rakeback % if you buy more expensive tournament tickets (personally I buy sunday brawl 256$ ticket) for medals and FTP. It is even not difficult to get black member status and you can also play some of your sessions in happy hours. And if you are veteran in iron man status, you really get a lot by growing medals. I have been told that this way you can get your rakeback close to 80-90%.

Could you please share your spreadsheets with calculations? I´d be really interested (my email is Sigurdur@seznam.cz).

I´d also appreciate calculation of my average rakeback %. I am black card holder, play around 25% of my sessions during happy hours and I play only cash game FR rush. I am in my 4th month of Ironman and usually get gold or iron freeroll. I play approximately 900base ftp per day - at least this is my last 100 days average. I buy sunday brawl tickets for 55,000 ftp and iron man medals as well.
      Yeah, I'm not skilled enough to play high buy in MTTs and my BR won't allow it anyway :D .

Sure I'll upload the spreadsheet here later on. (it's on my laptop)

Oh it only calculates it based on tournament rake, because I only play SNGs, I'm not sure how cash RB works as I don't play cash.

I don't know whether you can calculate it from the 'rake' stat in PokerTracker for cash games? If so then it can be done that way, by working out your average rake per month taking 27% from it, adding IronMan values etc etc etc.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      u have smt like 75$ rakeback if u achieve gold ? i achieve iron twice in a week, making around 400-450 FTP average/day, and my rakeback was 30$ this week, thats like 4 time less then what u talk about:) its not 27%, those times are over.. ye u can talk about how nice is ironman and stuff, but its not really.. u need over 2years to constantly use the medals for bonuses
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MikeAK47

No deduction if you buy tickets with your medals or FTPs, they are the best deal IMO.

As for the end of year bonus, I was informed that you don't get a rakeback hit, unlike regular Iron Man bonuses and First Deposit etc.
      You do get rakeback hit if you purchase your tickets with FTPs but not with medals. As for the IronMan mid/end of year bonus, I know that so far my rakeback has not been affected by it however the official line from FullTilt is that all bonuses affect rakeback so it might affect rakeback in the future.