a chip and a chair

• evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      hand 13 of a 9man sng $6.50 on FT. my tt loses a race against ak (blind v blind). Cripples me, leaving on 60 chips left against 8 remaining players.

90 hands later and my a4o held up against the same guys jqo to give me the win after coming back from 60 chips.

sometimes the poker gods can be nice afterall....
  • 6 replies
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Yea I love those comebacks too. Once I managed to come back from 0.3bb (when about 40 players left in 180's turbo) and win it :D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Enthralling yarn mate
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      I might be wrong...But isnt it a mistake getting all your chips in on a flip so eairly in a S&G? Just like it is in a MTT.

I'm a cash game player though not a S&G one. But generally you carnt reload in S&G's if you bust.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      I might be wrong...But isnt it a mistake getting all your chips in on a flip so eairly in a S&G? Just like it is in a MTT.

I'm a cash game player though not a S&G one. But generally you carnt reload in S&G's if you bust.
      i dont think so. depends on your reads and the situation. this guy had raised at lot of the first 12 pots. and had folded to a number of resteals. he was sb, so a resteal was defeintly on (as he rasied just about everything). prefer the push there to protect my hands from a call such as kjo.
    • geoelt
      geoelt
      Platinum
      this is not a steal amd resteal imo, but a value raise and a value push!

jonnyjm, u are right, if u KNOW it is a flip, u prob. shouldnt make it very early in sngs, but i mean TT is so far ahead of a SB opening range, what do u want to do? fold? never ever. u can call and play it in position though... but if stack sizes are good, i like the push. prob he'll call like A9s+, 44+, KJs+ etc... dont know exactly cause it depands on the stacck sizes etc.

@ topic: congrats, nice work :)

i have myself managed to get itm in an mtt once (189 guys itm) with just 0,25 BB left, in the end i flipped out of the TN (AK vs QQ) in place 40 in a pot for the chip lead. anyway, it somehow felt like a win :)
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by geoelt
      this is not a steal amd resteal imo, but a value raise and a value push!

jonnyjm, u are right, if u KNOW it is a flip, u prob. shouldnt make it very early in sngs, but i mean TT is so far ahead of a SB opening range, what do u want to do? fold? never ever. u can call and play it in position though... but if stack sizes are good, i like the push. prob he'll call like A9s+, 44+, KJs+ etc... dont know exactly cause it depands on the stacck sizes etc.

@ topic: congrats, nice work :)

i have myself managed to get itm in an mtt once (189 guys itm) with just 0,25 BB left, in the end i flipped out of the TN (AK vs QQ) in place 40 in a pot for the chip lead. anyway, it somehow felt like a win :)
      thanks mate. yep its a value raise he did, but i have no way of knowing that and with very active SB, 9 out of 10 times it is a steal.