[NL2-NL10] NL5 AK squeeze -> 4handed

• YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      pre: good squeeze size?
      flop: since its 3-bet pot and flushdraw is impossible I think 1.50 is enough to get AQ, AK and small PPs fold and if someone shoves its either set or KK+ so I will have easy fold.
      turn: MP2 checks, which is nice. I thought about semi-bluff shove, but decided against since OP or set will not fold, I planned to fold or check behind river unless non-5 :diamond: or 4 hits river
      river: Dealer was nice to me :f_biggrin: and since MP2 checked again I am quite confused what he have. I still shoved with hope sets and maybe even OPs will call. Should I bet less instead?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $5,74
      MP3:
      $5
      CO:
      $5,17
      Hero:
      $6,75

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , K:club:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0,05, MP3 raises to $0,25, CO calls $0,25, Hero raises to $0,90, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0,85, MP3 calls $0,65, CO calls $0,65.

Flop: ($3,67) 7:diamond: , 5:club: , 2:diamond: (4 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $1,5, MP2 calls $1,50, 2 folds.

Turn: ($6,67) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6,67) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero raises $4,35 (All-In), MP2 calls $3,34 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $13,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (5s 5d)
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ad Kc)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Ad Kc)
  • 4 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I think I would've second barrel the turn. You may make fold middle pairs (88-JJ), and you got flush draw + gutshot which will give you a nice amount of outs. Also your squeeze + continuation bet on a board that you are likely not to have hit represents an strong overpair QQ+, and the second barrel tells the same story.

Your squeeze amount is good I think, even if I would've bet more (1 to 1,15$). Your continuation bet is quite low against so much opponents, however I understand that a bigger bet commits you for the next streets, I'm curious to hear a moderator's advice about that.

I hope you opponent won a little note about his aptitude for protecting hands!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YourDoom,

Preflop: Ye, of course it's a good 3bet spot. I would have done the same.
      Flop: Here comes on of your leaks, never do CBet in such spots, you will just not make fold a lot weaker PP here, they are willing to Call one bet at least. And we are in such a multiway pot, just Check behind and hope for a hit.

As played
      Turn: I'd also, prefer to Check it behind here and take a free card. If he Called us on flop then he will be likely going to Call us here also.
      River: Bet for value!

Best regards.
    • YourDoom
      YourDoom
      Bronze
      veriz: pre - 3bet more? (~1.10)

flop: why not c-bet here? If they call cbet they already put over 40% of stack into pot, I have tight image and fact that beting into 4-way pot shows lot of strenght makes me believe they will fold PPs. (they also have decent stats - not like 70/30 fishes - in fact they have pretty low WTS)
      With A :diamond: I am pretty sure noone have draw so if I get called/raised I am way behind, knowing A or K on turn probably does not help me. I need this bluff to work just 41% of times to be break-even plus it gives me valuable information. (note: In case of "normal" pot this is easy check behind ofc)

river: shove or just something like 1/3 pot? Since he checked turn I am not sure what he have and PP is possible.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      veriz: pre - 3bet more? (~1.10)

Nope, $0.90 is totally fine, depending on your 3bet size.

flop: why not c-bet here? If they call cbet they already put over 40% of stack into pot, I have tight image and fact that beting into 4-way pot shows lot of strenght makes me believe they will fold PPs. (they also have decent stats - not like 70/30 fishes - in fact they have pretty low WTS)

Decent stats doesn't mean decent play, also it's NL5! Therefore I'd just prefer to take a free card if they are offering one for us. We are here against 3 opponents, which at least very likely one is going to continue. Also we are just building up the pot what we don't want to, just in case an 3rd diamond comes, that doesn't mean that we want to go broke then but what we would likely have to or Call for crappy odds.

With A :diamond: I am pretty sure noone have draw so if I get called/raised I am way behind, knowing A or K on turn probably does not help me. I need this bluff to work just 41% of times to be break-even plus it gives me valuable information. (note: In case of "normal" pot this is easy check behind ofc)

And you are going to fold on turn when an A or K comes? :D That's exactly the reason why I'd just go for pot control to avoid such situation. Since I don't think that we can really fold there if an A or K comes. :) We build up the pot ourself and he could easily representing himself the K or A. And sometimes even against one opponent I might not find 41% here(known opponent), didn't make the calculations, so therefore I am not even sure if the 41% is right.

river: shove or just something like 1/3 pot? Since he checked turn I am not sure what he have and PP is possible.

Definitely shove for value!