[NL2-NL10] NL 100$ 1 hand - two pairs on suited board (4 way)

• xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      OnGame's Room No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) by Hand Converter CG

MP1 ($98.50)
      MP2 ($126.75)
      CO ($11.00)
      Button ($22.75)
      Hero ($19.00)
      BB ($47.50)
      UTG ($64.50)
      UTG+1 ($50.00)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:diamond: , J:diamond: .
      2 folds, UTG+1 checks, 2 folds, CO checks, Button calls $1, Hero checks.

Flop: ($7) 6:heart: , 2:heart: , J:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button bets $2.5, Hero raises to $10, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $10 (All-In), Button folds.

Turn: ($29.50) 5:spade: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($29.50) T:diamond: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $29.50

Some "amazing" play I did here) My thoughts:

I don`t believe someone has a made flush here (is it totally wrong, given 4 way action?) and i thought potsize bet won`t scare them out and I don`t want to give them opportunity to draw, so I decided to check/rise If somebody will make a move... somehow I thought that overbet will be weak play here, since after re-raise I will have to fold most probably, so i checked to see what develops...(in case raise and re-raise I was going to fold) what I haven`t thought about was a likely slowplay in case somebody has a made flush... So I implemented my evil plan )

Now the question is: what is the right play? I guess bet pot/fold... but still it seems weak to me...

BU is loose-agressive, others unknown
  • 2 replies
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      If you are sure that he will bet, than its okay. But if he checks also ... Im for sure would probably push. CO called anyway after your check raise, you gathered the aggro guy +2.5$ as a plus. Check raise to 100$ have more scare power i guess.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      If BU is loose aggressive, their is a good chance that he is betting TP here, a worse 2 Pair and of course some strong FD. So I think to bet that big here is good enough. Even against a Flush you have 4 outs here. Only against a Set you´re mostly dead. So you can do it. But bet/fold might be better. Because only better hands will raise you here, like a Set. FD or Flush will often call and raise on the Turn. So you might be All-In on the turn anyway, if their is no more heart on the turn or the board pairs.

With loose aggro BU I like that line. Against unknown I would bet out here, since it also looks strong to bet into 4 on that board.