$32,22
      BB:
      $27,8
      CO:
      $5,05
      BU:
      $5,14

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.94 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , 9:club:
      CO calls $0,10, BU raises to $0,40, Hero raises to $1,40, BB raises to $2,40, CO folds, BU calls $2,00, Hero calls $1,00.

Flop: ($7,30) K:heart: , 9:heart: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $6,82, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $14,12

Opponent was a maniac, since I sat at the table he only clicked on one button: "raise". I did not see him fold any hand nor check any hand. Whule he had nothing he minbetted all the streets. This hand was the first with a potsize bet (which is the reason I waited for another spot).

But the question is not here: against an opponent so deepstack, even if maniac, is the allin good preflop with A9o? What would've you play? Given his play I could raise allinpreflop and get called (in fact I had to raise 1/3 of my stack to get him reraise and go allin, so that he thinks he has fold equity... however). I had the ambition of getting his full stack, and losing a 60/40 would have left me with 10$ (max buyin) vs 50$+, with which I think he could have left the table, at least after I doubled once on him to be sure not to lose the rest). So I waited for the next spot, only getting to the flop with the intention of valuebetting (with enough pot control to be sure to have another spot to destack him).

What would've you done here? Do you think I should have gone all-in even if I only get 60% of his stack on average?
  • 1 reply
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Even if it was a HU pot with him I'd fold because we're OOP.
      HU IP vs him we could call though.

In this hand there was limp and a raise, you 3bet and THEN he 4bets.
      The best line is to just fold your hand because you're likely to be up against a better Ax hand a lot - and he's not folding any of those.
      You should probably not even 3bet the hand - if you get called you'll always have a hard time playing postflop.
      A9s would be a much better hand since you flop a lot more equity oftentimes so it's much easier to play it postflop.

If you want to continue preflop, a call is certainly the worst option because your playability is very bad.

As played on the flop I think you have to c/f.