[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo TPTK 3-way overplayed?

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.88
      MP1:
      $0.95
      MP3:
      $2.52
      BU:
      $0.93

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:diamond: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $0.08, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.08, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.08, CO folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.35) K:spade: , Q:club: , 7:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.2, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.95) 8:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.65, MP3 folds, BU calls $0.59 (All-In).

River: ($2.25) J:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Kc)
      BU shows a pair of aces (Ah As)

BU wins with a pair of aces (Ah As)

Preflop: standard
      Flop: I hit my TPTK but still not thrilled to be in such a multiway pot. Probably I should have made this a bit bigger though.
      Turn: I checked intending pot control, but when MP3 showed no interest and BU made his tiny bet I decided to raise BU all-in for 2/3 pot because (i) his mini bet looks like a blockbet that he is weak but maybe drawing to something and (ii) his stack size makes it feel inevitable anyway.

Was this ok on turn, or overplayed?

Also, and apologies in advance because "don't post results" yes yes I know, when you see what he had I'm interested to know for my own learning purposes whether you think BU played this well or badly. Was his mini bet on the turn a trap to induce a raise that I fell for, or is this reading too much into it?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Flop: I like your line and not really need to make it bigger.
      Turn: The mini-bet doesn't always have to be a trap. But against such a small stack and passive opponent I'd just bet myself to get value from any kind of draw or even weaker pair.

Best regards.