3-4 handed stats analysis

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Hello everybody.
      So today after work I got home, connected to my poker room, launched Tablescanturbo to find my beloved fishes (I was hungry). And I felt very lucky: At a 9max NL10 table were sitting only 2 players, which I already marked as fishes because they play soooo bad... Moreover, yesterday I reached a fat enough bankroll to be able to take some shots on NL10 (and I also already read that it was a good idea to follow an extremely bad fish one limit ahead if you are pretty sure to earn money against him...). All these factors outweighed the fact that I don't know how to play 3 or 4 handed, because I was a full ring player (as everybody here was I guess) and turned to shorthanded to play more fishes. But allways got out of the tables when there were just 4 players left.

So I guessed tonight was the best introduction ever to 3 and 4handed play. However I couldn't find a chart to play 3/4 handed, nor any silver/bronze article to read fast to have any idea about how to play. Luckily for me, they were stations preflop which mean that I managed to outplay them preflop, and given the fact that I play quite easily postflop in marginal spots I managed an amazing 505BBlinds/100 hands (over 68 hands, thanks to a maniac who gave me 27$ :) ).

But I don't know if I played well, I only know I played way better than them, in conjonction with a lot of good (?) hands preflop for me, so that I didn't have to raise those J8s to be aggressive enough.

Here are my stats for that session, hope you will have some cool advices about what went wrong on my play:

Hands: 68
      VPIP: 52.9
      PFR: 39,7
      ATS: 57.9
      Fold SB/BB to steal: 50/no stat
      AF: 3.6
      Hand range showdown: 14,7
      WTS: 27.8
      W$SD: 80
      W$wsF: 47.2
      Continuation bet: 88% (they folded a lot so I exploited this leak)

I don't give the percentage per position since 68 hands are not enough for these stats to be reliable. My played hands preflop respected my position (more loose on BU to more tight on SB), and I tried to play the position above all.
      I completed the SB a few times also because my fishes didn't raise the BB when they could check to see the flop :) . However I did it only if the non-blind players limped, so that a steal could not really be played.

If you have any advice, or if you see stats that are not correctly fitted to 3 or 4 handed play please let me know. Given the session I just had I really want to start playing those games, there is a lot of money to take out of my fishes :D

Thank you :)
  • 2 replies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      I'm not a cash game player, but i guess that everyone will say that 68 hands is not a sample size to have any ideas if your stas are good/bad/ok ;)
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      I know that, however, I posted those stats because they were quite close to the range I wanted to play. It was just to know if this is the good way, and eventually grab some advices about how to play 3handed and 4handed, and if there is a huge difference between the two.