Small Blind leak! help!

• SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      Just download Omaha Manager trial :D
      will try out HUD tomorrow

found a huge leak from my small blind.
      I'm -$15 in small blind after 723 hands, or -108.71bb/100. ?(
      Though I guess I'm decent elsewhere because I'm +$26 in total, or 34bb/100.

About my play.. I follow the fish - as in, I find a fish and actually sit at all his tables to stack them. I try to play like a TAG but I'm overly aggressive and like to blindsteal (cutoff - sb). From SB, I usually raise any three connected cards (at least one suited)/KKxx+
      When I blindsteal, I usually make it potsize - should I be making it 2x or 2.5x instead, and switch up my raising/betting?

My button winnings is also a problem. I'm +$10 from early to cutoff, and the BB. However, from the button, I'm -$5 or -33.4bb/100...
      I think that I'm overaggressive from these two positions, and because no one respects my blindsteal raising, I should just limp in instead and try to stack players?

Any tips for your general guidelines to playing hands from the button/small blind?

Any help is appreciated!
      wow... should have tried out the trial a while ago =P

edit: more questions!

I'm thinking...
      that I need to decrease my vs3bet call%, flop cbet%, early UO PFR and SB UO PFR.
      that I need to increase my 4bet range, squeeze %, Flop fold vs cbet, flop vs raise fold %.

I doubt I can get "ideal" numbers especially for micros, but any general increase/decreases?
      Also, river call efficiency - you usually get better than 2:1 odds to call, so a 0.68 call efficiency is good or bad?

and it looks like im running pretty good in my all ins :D

edit2:

interesting to see I make most money from BB/early =P
      I really don't know what I should do here.. any advice?
  • 10 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I won't comment too much 'cause, well, you've seen my hand postings. :f_rolleyes:

One thing I will say is that you will be a loser from the SB and BB, primarily because you're posting these every couple of hands, in addition to being oop in every (almost all in respect of the BB) hand you play. A better initial indication, I would guess, is your VPIP from these positions.

My understanding of SB play is that you should have a range something approximating your UTG range as you are always oop and BB almost always has the 33% equity required to make the call. As for bet sizing, at 2x the BB has odds to call with anything as they're never worse than 25% equity and they always have position. Of course, if the BB is folding a ton then bet away.

A good BU range should be anywhere from 35 - 50% depending on how likely the blinds are to 3B / fold.

I've only really been playing/studying solidly for two weeks of course, so this advice comes with my standard disclaimer.
    • SanderDeclerck
      SanderDeclerck
      Bronze
      In PLO, you should play really tight from the blinds and EP in general, being OOP sucks even more then in hold'em, 3 connected cards isn't strong enough for EP, play only hands like AAxx, strong rundowns (5678 and higher), any 4 broadway cards, I'd even dump KKxx hands from the SB, 'cause again, playing OOP in PLO REALLY SUCKS! On the other hand, having the button in PLO is really strong and then you can even play 50%+ of the hands.

I've said it e few times already, and will say it again, tight is right in EP and the blinds in PLO.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SanderDeclerck
      In PLO, you should play really tight from the blinds and EP in general, being OOP sucks even more then in hold'em, 3 connected cards isn't strong enough for EP, play only hands like AAxx, strong rundowns (5678 and higher), any 4 broadway cards, I'd even dump KKxx hands from the SB, 'cause again, playing OOP in PLO REALLY SUCKS! On the other hand, having the button in PLO is really strong and then you can even play 50%+ of the hands.

I've said it e few times already, and will say it again, tight is right in EP and the blinds in PLO.
      pisht thats no winning strategy
    • SanderDeclerck
      SanderDeclerck
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon

Ye, I know it works for me, at least try to motivate when you're posting, don't just post no content things like: "thats no winning strategy"...

Sure your ptbb/100 will still be negative using the play I recomend, but that's not because of the way I'm playing, but just because of the posted small blind, and imo it's better to win that SB back in position, then trying to defend it OOP...
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      I currently have 35.4% VPIP from the button, so I should be playing more due to position? And I've edited the main post with stats =)
    • SirVanek
      SirVanek
      Bronze
      Having +$ or -$ after 7xx hands means absoluthely nothing. 1 or 2 [un]lucky hand will have to big impact.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Okay, a couple of other possible things to look at.

Looks like you're open limping a lot from EP. I understand a range of around 10 - 15% VPIP/PFR (both stats should be the same unless you have great reasons not to raise first in) is a good start.

In general it looks like you're calling a lot from CO/BU rather than raising / isolating. I know it's PLO2 but look for opportunities where you're against one weak limper and the blinds are rather tight than too loose to raise your medium strong hands.

Also, one video I reviewed suggested a call 3B% should have a lower bound at around 70% (ie should be between 70 - 100%). If you don't think you can call a 3B more often than not you should prolly just fold.

Hopefully someone with a good understanding will confirm/refute the replies and add some useful additional info soon. :f_p:
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon

Ye, I know it works for me, at least try to motivate when you're posting, don't just post no content things like: "thats no winning strategy"...

Sure your ptbb/100 will still be negative using the play I recomend, but that's not because of the way I'm playing, but just because of the posted small blind, and imo it's better to win that SB back in position, then trying to defend it OOP...
      what do you want me to motivate i play plo everyday of my life and ive never folded KKxx like that, like were is your motivation in telling somebody to do that, and i would play more then 50% of hands on the button probaly 80% at least maybe your strategy could be good in 1c 2c i don't know

edit: also isnt this just a small size 800 hands isnt much
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      Maybe I'm thinking like Hold'em where from what I know, its usually 4bet/fold as you're usually way ahead/way behind.
      But I don't like calling a 3bet even IP because its much harder to play postflop if your opponent donks into you and you don't have a made hand/good drawing hand.

And yeah, sorry about the small sample size but I don't have too much time to put volume in. I also play a max of 2-3 tables at a time and over the course of this, I've got 125 hands/hr.
      Either way, I'd like to fix problems sooner than later; I'm here to improve my game not to maximize winnings.

Any comments appreciated! ^^
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SickAtHome
      Maybe I'm thinking like Hold'em where from what I know, its usually 4bet/fold as you're usually way ahead/way behind.
      But I don't like calling a 3bet even IP because its much harder to play postflop if your opponent donks into you and you don't have a made hand/good drawing hand.
      Remember that equities run much closer in PLO than they do in NLHE. You need 33% equity to call a pot size 3b. Out of position that's more of a problem because of the inherent issues of being out of position. Reverse the situation and the call becomes much easier. The types of hands I tend to fold are Axxx/Kxxx hands v tight 3 betters because you're much more often dominated by AAxx/KKxx and an oop 3b from a tight player is almost always gonna be AAxx/KKxx (but I'm still working this out obviously).