This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed)

BB ($14.66)
      UTG ($6.41)
      MP1 ($2.18)
      MP2 ($12.65)
      CO ($3)
      Hero (Button) ($9.70)
      SB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 bets $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) K:heart: , 4:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.75) 9:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($1.95) J:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1

Flop: Pretty good flop for me. He could be on a K but I think more often he missed, so I intent to call 1 bet and reevaluate on turn. Since he didn't make a contibet should I bet here? With smaller pocket I would probably bet/fold, but with JJ I want to see a showdown but don't want to inflate pot so that's why I checked behind.

Turn: OK card for me. His bet could be delayed contibet or semibluff with FD so I'm just calling and reevaluating on river.

River: If he was on FD too bed it's not J :spade: :D Looks like he gives up so I'm trying to extract 1/2 pot more. Should I bet like $0,60-$0.65 here since it looks to me he's very weak?

Cake Poker - No stats!
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

Preflop: Totally fine to just Call here if he opponent is some kind of tight or whatsoever even against unknown I don't mind such play.
      Flop: I totally agree with your comments and they seem to be improving. :) Well done! I also like checking back and reevaluate turn.
      Turn: Since he might take even such line with a lot worse and with Checkign behind the flop we induce him to make a bluff here, therefore I'd also Call.
      River: We hit pretty the nuts, bet size is totally fine. Nice hand! Sometimes against some aggressors you might consider betting it smaller since it might induce them to bluff-raise but at that moment your size is totally fine for value.

Best regards.