This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 QJo

• Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.79
      MP2:
      $5.72
      Hero:
      $2.58

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) A:diamond: , 8:spade: , 5:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.08) Q:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.08, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.08.

River: ($0.24) T:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.18, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $0.42

--- Should I raise preflop to punish the loose MP2 for limping, or is QJo too weak to do this even vs such a loose opponent?

How about the flop? I think I should have bet here as I was the last to act, but at the time since I was 4-tabling I didn't realise I was the last to act here and thought there might be more after me, so I had to check.

Turn: I hit my card, so I figured I'd bet, potsize to protect against a possible (but unlikely) flush draw, and to get maximum value.

River: Didn't help anyone really, unless someone had KJ, or QT, so I bet 3/4 of the pot.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

Preflop: Nah, I don't like raising at all, if there was no limper then you might consider raising but against such a loose opponent I don't really like, limping behind is totally fine.
      Flop: Nah, I don't really like to bet into that many opponents with just Q high, therefore I'd also Check behind.
      Turn: As we hit we can likely now bet since nobody has shown any kind of aggression and often even our one pair could be good here.
      River: I wouldn't bet that big here, it will be hard for them to Call such a huge bet, they will only Call with a better hand, therefore I might bet smallish or either just Check behind since it's a freeplay.

Best regards.