[NL2-NL10] NL2 QJo

• Royaltramp
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) A:diamond: , 8:spade: , 5:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.08) Q:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.08, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.08.

River: ($0.24) T:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.18, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $0.42

--- Should I raise preflop to punish the loose MP2 for limping, or is QJo too weak to do this even vs such a loose opponent?

How about the flop? I think I should have bet here as I was the last to act, but at the time since I was 4-tabling I didn't realise I was the last to act here and thought there might be more after me, so I had to check.

Turn: I hit my card, so I figured I'd bet, potsize to protect against a possible (but unlikely) flush draw, and to get maximum value.

River: Didn't help anyone really, unless someone had KJ, or QT, so I bet 3/4 of the pot.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Royaltramp,

Preflop: Nah, I don't like raising at all, if there was no limper then you might consider raising but against such a loose opponent I don't really like, limping behind is totally fine.
      Flop: Nah, I don't really like to bet into that many opponents with just Q high, therefore I'd also Check behind.
      Turn: As we hit we can likely now bet since nobody has shown any kind of aggression and often even our one pair could be good here.
      River: I wouldn't bet that big here, it will be hard for them to Call such a huge bet, they will only Call with a better hand, therefore I might bet smallish or either just Check behind since it's a freeplay.

Best regards.