This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Jd5d

• koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      MP1:
      $2,24
      MP2:
      $1,63
      CO:
      $0,98

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , 5:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, MP2 calls $0,02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,09) 8:diamond: , 5:spade: , 3:spade: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,05, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,05, CO calls $0,05.

Turn: ($0,24) J:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,18, MP2 folds, CO calls $0,18.

River: ($0,60) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,2, Hero calls $0,20.

Final Pot: $1,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (Ad 8c)
      Hero shows two-pair, jacks and fives (Jd 5d)

Hero wins with two-pair, jacks and fives (Jd 5d)

Bet on flop to see how other players will react. Turn gives me two pair so it's a bet again. Since CU calls on flop and turn, I put him on flash draw. Called on river only because he bets 1/3 of pot. What are your opinion about this hand? Should I call a larger bet 1/2- 2/3 of the pot on river?
  • 2 replies
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Preflop: Nothing you can do differently here.

Flop: I'd check/fold since you're out of position on a limped pot with 3 other people, if you did want to bet you should bet bigger to protect against draws - I'd say the full $0.09.

Turn: Bet, your betsizing is fine, you could even have bet $0.20 here if you think the others were still chasing draws.

River: Check/call is fine I think, you could also bet out though as there are many draws your opponents could be chasing, pairs, or they may have had some overpair on the flop - all of which will pay you off here.

--- Just thoughts from another beginner, so wait for an expert's advice before you take it for sure ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello koosMaras,

Flop: Being OOP I'd rather also just prefer to Check/Fold our hand. But it could be doable for example against 1 opponent but definitely not against 3.

As played
      Turn: As we hit our 2pair then we can likely continue barreling to protect from any kind of draw.
      River: Since it will be pretty hard for them to Call with lot worse and also flushdraw came therefore I'd also prefer to just Check/Call here against some smaller bet as it was.

Best regards.