NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($24.80)
      Hero ($63.15)
      UTG ($20.75)
      UTG+1 ($86.45)
      CO ($68.55)
      BTN ($59.35)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5.50, UTG+1 calls $4

FLOP ($11.25) 6:club: Q:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero bets $8, UTG+1 calls $8

TURN ($27.25) 6:club: Q:diamond: Q:heart: 2:club:

Hero bets $16, UTG+1 calls $16

RIVER ($59.25) 6:club: Q:diamond: Q:heart: 2:club: J:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $56.95 (AI), Hero calls $33.65 (AI)

villain 13/13/2 wts 31, 137, unk - no reads.
      I hate my life in spots like this.
      Checking turn seems too weak since I expect TT/JJ to have a hard time folding on this board.
      I figured a player apparently this tight isnt calling an oop 3b with many Qx hands (maybe AQ max?), but once he calls on the turn, we cant be too happy.

So, 1. do we have a value bet on the turn?
      2. if we check river, should it be to give up? (i.e. should we assume villain is never betting worse if we check it to him?)
      3. are we committed on the river anyway and so should we just shove?

edit: river is a pretty nasty card anyway since one of the other likely hands I put villain on just overtook me. Should this influence my decision, and in what way?

• 2 replies
    • falcone1983
      I think it's super-hard to get called 3 times here by worse, and since I foresee this problem on the flop, I actually like checking it here. This invites him to bluff at the pot, and makes it more likely you get two streets from TT or so.

BTW, I realize it's non-standard, I probably check/call more flops than most in general.

Anyway, as played I think you have to check it somewhere, just to keep his range wider and allow him some bluffing room. So check/call turn, check/decide river seems ok.
    • Kaitz20
      I think you´re not that deep that he would b/c pf 66 and he may also fold AQ
      So you should be still ahead quite often on the turn but very likely worse hands would fold if you barrel turn so I´d prefer c/rai, since I think you can´t really c/c turn and then c/f river, so better put all the money in yourself likely with the best hand