$114.40
      MP3:
      $125.95
      CO (Hero):
      $50.90
      BU:
      $53.45

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BU folds, SB raises to $5.25, BB folds, Hero calls $3.75.

Flop: ($11) 3, 4, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $7.00, Hero raises to $21.00, SB raises to $197.15, Hero calls $24.65(All-In).

He's playing 28/24 with 25% 3b but only 32 hands.

Is it better to just try and get another bet in preflop vs such a high 3b ?
      Is minraising the flop a better option ?

Thanks in advance
  • 9 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      4bet/get it in preflop, although calling a 3bet IP with a suited AK can never be bad.

On this flop I actually like flatting, we are drawing to the nuts and he may fire again with AK/AQ on the turn. I don't really seem him bet/folding TT+ here.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      25% 3b in 32 hands is probably 1/4 so nothing much you can draw from it. Since its AKs and we're never folding pre, I prefer to 4b vs unknown. If he folds 99/TT sometimes, thats good for us.

As played, and on this flop, we're also never folding since we are better than flipping vs QQ. That said, Id rather raise call flop since that guarantees we get to see river and we can fold out AQ/AK/AJ etc

If we just call and villain fires again on blank turn we probably have to shove (because our hand is too strong to fold) but now neither our equity or feq is so good. Im happy to take a 54% flip with TT on the flop - rather that than 33% on turn.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      As played, and on this flop, we're also never folding since we are better than flipping vs QQ. That said, Id rather raise call flop since that guarantees we get to see river and we can fold out AQ/AK/AJ etc

If we just call and villain fires again on blank turn we probably have to shove (because our hand is too strong to fold) but now neither our equity or feq is so good. Im happy to take a 54% flip with TT on the flop - rather that than 33% on turn.
      +1 def getting it in on the flop with over 50 % equity than on a blank turn card
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Ehm yeah, I agree with raising flop and getting it in.

Don't really know what I was thinking before.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      with nut fd and overcards I´d likely just call
      Sure you can raise flop and get all-in likely with 50% equity, but consider all the times where SB has air and barrel turn and would fold to our shove, we gain a lot more money by slowplaying on the flop.
      Also if he has there smt like 88 and turn is Q, I think he won´t really c/rai that often but rather c/c and then c/f a lot of rivers.
      So being ip I like flatting flop and shoving turn
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Thanks all.

He had AQo

Turn Qs for the win and the pain of micro-joy for him.

Is it important for anyone to know the results after these threads are evaluated or is it irrelevant ?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Irrelevant for us. Important for you since you know he bluff shoves in 3b pots. Actually, worse than irrelevant since then we start second guessing ourselves and saying "thats why we should raise the flop because we dont want to get 3-outered on the turn", which is obv rubbish.

:)
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Irrelevant for us. Important for you since you know he bluff shoves in 3b pots. Actually, worse than irrelevant since then we start second guessing ourselves and saying "thats why we should raise the flop because we dont want to get 2-outered on the turn", which is obv rubbish.

:)
      FYP, the Qs made my flush ;)

I'll not post the results in future then !
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ah. Misunderstood "pain of micro-joy". :rolleyes: