[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 Rush - 66 BvB Paired board

• nibbana
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 6.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.5) 9, 2, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.5) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

River: ($17.5) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $10.00, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $17.5.

vs relative unknown. Better to b flop and c/f turn ?
  • 3 replies
    • falcone1983
      Well, he's not going to stop bluffing if that's what he's doing, so you shouldn't stop bluffcatching.

I actually like to bet flop, check/call turn here (unless I know he likes to raise these paired flops). It's a safer way to get some value out of air.
    • Tim64
      I agree. If he is unknown, we cant assume what hands he will call on the flop. Much of the time he has two overs to our pair and we want value now - rather than letting him have his 12% flop-turn equity for free.

if you know he likes to bet vs missed cb, then checking is fine. If you know he likes to raise paired boards then cbetting is even better ;)
    • Kaitz20
      lead flop is fine, but I think players would very often raise your lead with overcards since you hardly has there 9x, so I think better option is to c/c flop and lead turn
      This looks a lot stronger, they won´t really mess around now, since you´re reping 9x and not really b/f at any point and if they have air they have to fold.
      I think you can´t really c/c turn profitable, so if you don´t want to lead out it is c/f or c/r to me. I think players would b/f there overpairs and they sometimes barrel there air, which they would easily fold and you don´t have to worry about facing river bet