This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ against a fish with high 3bet %

• pokervin123
      pokervin123
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 = ($24.00)
      MP3 = ($43.05)
      CO = ($24.35) 49/22 , 3bet % of 13% about 16 hands out of 47
      BU = ($18.25)
      SB = ($9.50)
      BB = ($11.25)
      UTG1 (Hero) = ($11.40)
      UTG2 = ($9.25)
      MP1 = ($9.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $1.25, 4 folds, CO raises to $3.00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $11.40, CO calls $8.40.

Flop: ($23.55) 4, 7, 9 (2 players)

Turn: ($23.55) Q (2 players)

River: ($23.55) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.55.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(A Q).
      CO shows a pair of kings(K K).

CO wins with a pair of kings(K K).

Could i have folded this hand against this fish?
  • 2 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Did you mean that the sample of hands you have on 3bet is 16 and he 3 betted 13% of that because if it is the case that means he 3betted 2 out of 16 hands so not representative at all. He could still be 3 betting very tight. If you have only 47 hands against villain you don't really have a sample , so you have to be careful, he could have had a few good hands during those 47. PFR of 22 is only about 10 hands so as you can see it could just be a good run of card.

Saying that, you can only base yourself on the stats and read that you have. SO Given that villain looks very aggro. I dont think either line is wrong pushing or folding.

I think you could have bet a bit bigger on opening raise. pot size (3.5bb) to 4bb. So between $1.75 to $2. And then evaluate to his bet size.

Also if you play him again make a note of his bet size. you can see that he 3bet you quite under pot size. even under 2.5x the size of your bet with a monster.

If you can find the other hands where he 3betted and check the bet size and if you had a showdown and compare you might find a read there.

One last thing , AQo or AQs are not in the starting hands on UTG, I am not saying it is wrong to play them but, unless you are a more advance player it avoid you been in some difficult spots.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Because stats are almost irrelevant due sample size
      And because of your stacksize
      And because of your position
      And because you didnt display reads/tells he might have given

I think AQs/AQo is a standard fold because you dont get the necessary equity to call over and over again