This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Call on River with Flush on board

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Villain is virtually unknown. I didn't put him on a flush since he called on the flop. Didn't think he'd draw...though I'd only put in a half pot sized bet so as not to scare him off now that I think about it.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $1.83
      MP3:
      $2.07
      CO:
      $1.68
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB (Hero):
      $2.00
      BB:
      $0.78
      UTG2:
      $1.98
      MP1:
      $2.25

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, A.
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) J, A, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.07, MP3 calls $0.07.

Turn: ($0.28) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, MP3 calls $0.18.

River: ($0.64) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Was folding the better play?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

Preflop: I'd rather even fold such hand here, since we will be playing against him OOP, also our hand could easily be dominated.

As played
      Flop: Betting here and protecting against any kind of draw is fine. But I might bet a bit bigger, ~$0.10.
      Turn: As the flush came and we still planning to continue then likely going for 2nd barrel is fine and reevaluate river. Otherwise if you might even think about just Check/Folding, since he wont really bet with a lot worse hands here.

As played if turn was Bet
      River: Definitely Check/Fold, we have shown 2 streets of strength and then he decides to bet on such board into us that big, I'd often see him having a lot better hand here.

Best regards.