[NL2-NL10] Set of Queens

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      No real info on the villain. This is also rush poker.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $8.55
      UTG2:
      $1.68
      MP1:
      $4.84
      MP2:
      $1.22
      MP3:
      $2.16
      CO:
      $2.55
      BU:
      $0.76
      SB:
      $4.15
      BB (Hero):
      $11.99

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 3.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.12) 6, A, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.28) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP1 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.15.

River: ($0.88) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP1 raises to $4.41(All-In), Hero calls $3.81.

My only concerns were whether he had a queen with a higher kicker, which I decided he didn't. I put him on an Ace. Can you ever fold in this situation? LOL
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

Flop: You can likely even donk here with your FD, since he will often even fold most of his Calling range because of the Ace.
      Turn: But here I'd rather just take Check/Call line since it's freeplay pot and I don't want to build it up to meet ugly situations. As played the Bet/Call is totally fine as if you think that you can easily give up hands like 2pair or something similar on river. But if you think you aren't able then just fold, you will not extract a lot of value being OOP anyways.
      River: As he has shown a lot of strength raising us on turn then I don't like to bet here at all, I'd rather just Check/Call (we don't want to face a raise) his bet but as played Bet/Fold, we don't beat much. :)

Best regards.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Wow, well that's not the advice I expected.

I'm surprised at the check, call advice on the river. I had a set. I assume you're thinking that, because he has shown such strength he probably has me beat on the kicker? Or perhaps a AQ or Q9 hand?

Are you taking into account the fact that it's rush poker and that he'd fold more easily without a really strong hand?

Interesting.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Edukator99
      Wow, well that's not the advice I expected.

I'm surprised at the check, call advice on the river. I had a set. I assume you're thinking that, because he has shown such strength he probably has me beat on the kicker? Or perhaps a AQ or Q9 hand?

Are you taking into account the fact that it's rush poker and that he'd fold more easily without a really strong hand?

Interesting.
      Yeah, I'd totally take into account that, 1) it's rush (I play my own FR there like with very aggressive style preflop since people are just too nitty, also same for postflop) but it ain't recommend you have to have good postflop skills for that, 2) It's a freeplay but of course it would be possible to bet ourself on river also but if we get raised? You put yourself just into trouble exactly what happened and you even called, 3) With what does he minraise us on turn? As you mentioned yourself, he could easily have hands like AQ/Q9 or something similar, or maybe even set.