[NL2-NL10] JJ, my most hated hand!

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Only have 16 hands on the UTG but has a played 9 out of 16 hands with no preflop raises.

I only have 8 hands of history on the Button.

I'm going to post this in two sections: First the play to the flop.

I hate JJ! LOL I raised the limp since this person was limping constantly. Got 2 callers. Didn't take the UTG seriously as they limped every other hand anyway so I bet the pot (this is pot limit) to try and push them both off as I thought I was most likely ahead. I called the all in as it was only for another .29.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 Pot-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $4.59
      MP1:
      $2.11
      MP2:
      $1.69
      MP3:
      $3.80
      CO:
      $5.23
      BU:
      $1.21
      SB:
      $0.75
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $0.85

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      UTG1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.11, UTG1 calls $0.09, MP3 calls $0.09, BU calls $0.09.

Flop: ($0.45) 7, 9, 2 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, UTG1 raises to $0.74(All-In), MP3 folds, BU calls $0.74, Hero calls $0.29.

Should I have bet less on the flop? Should I have folded to the all in? The extra .29 to win the pot seems to say no.

And here's the way the rest of the hand played out:

Turn: ($2.67) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($2.67) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

Final Pot: $3.17.

I couldn't believe the tiny bet on the river so I called it based on pot odds. I reasoned that I was most likely beat but it only cost me .25 to find out and I still had the over pair.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Edukator99,

Preflop: I'd likely raise bigger here, ~$0.16(all those limpers+being OOP).

As played
      Flop: My CBet would be likely a bit smaller, ~$0.30. As played you can likely Call the shove and reevaluate turn.
      Turn: Likely Checking here for pot control line is a lot better.
      River: As he decides to bet so smallish then we have an easy Call with such odds.

Best regards.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Yes, I thought the pot sized bet would scare people off more easily but it's more risky if I'm beat I suppose.

If only do a 2/3 bet...do I then call the shove?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Edukator99
      Yes, I thought the pot sized bet would scare people off more easily but it's more risky if I'm beat I suppose.

If only do a 2/3 bet...do I then call the shove?
      You mean from the smallish stack? Yeah, you can likely Call there if you think that BU can be loose enough and not trapping us with any kind of set but it ain't wrong if you just would fold yourself right there. Both plays ain't wrong. Just take into consideration that if BU is going to bet like way too biggish then you can likely fold.