This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] how to play after double up

• JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $4.09
      MP3:
      $0.43
      Hero:
      $3.9

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.40, MP3 raises to $0.43 (All-In), CO folds, Hero raises to $3.90 (All-In), 2 folds, MP2 calls $3.50.

Flop: ($8.38) Q:spade: , 8:heart: , 7:club:
      Turn: ($8.38) 5:spade:
      River: ($8.38) 6:heart: (3 players)

Final Pot: $8.38

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Jh Js)
      MP3 shows a straight, eight high (4d 3d)
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kh Kd)

MP3 wins with a straight, eight high (4d 3d)

Hi,

After I double up, I have pocket King. I wish to know how much to open raise preflop. Is that also "4 Big Blinds + 1 Big Blind for every player who has already entered the hand"? Besides, how much to 3bet? As above, since I dont know how to play it. So, I just jam preflop to avoid difficult decision on post-flop. Thanks. :s_biggrin:
  • 3 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      You played the hand as you should have, well done. preflop 3.5 to 4bb opening raise is fine
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Either way is good pushing/raising. you could raise to 1.60 (3x OR + caller) which is still under half of your stack.

T.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Yes both ways is fine the only thing that matters is how Villain is likely to react on 3bets. if he only 4bets/fold then it doesnt matter. If he is also morelikely to call then raising smaller entices him to call with a lot of weaker hands

Best regards,
      Gerv