[NL2-NL10] Nl2 UTG2 AA

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:spade: , A:club:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08, 2 folds, CO calls $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.41) A:diamond: , T:club: , 3:spade: (5 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.2, MP1 calls $0.20, 3 folds.

Turn: ($0.81) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.38, Hero raises to $1.00, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $2.19

Turn: I felt that a lot of his range that he can call the flop with won't call a second barrel but might try to float if I show weakness.

At the time of the hand I raised his turn bet thinking that he could quite likely have hit a draw on the turn that he could either call or be willing to stack off with on the turn.

But looking at it now, I can't see many draws he likely has. Could calling his turn bet and value betting the river be a better option? My line would look weak and may bring his Tx hands to call.

Or is second barreling just the best option?

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Jeffers16,

Flop: I'd likely even bet bigger here, ~$0.30, of course have the nuts but we also have to think how to get their whole stack. Therefore I'd bet a bit bigger.

As played
      Turn: As I see that the opponent is pretty aggressive then sometimes I might even consider Check/Raising here but more often I would do that against him being in HU pot. By that I mean on flop we are HU with him. But it's definitely considerable. But more often I'd prefer to Bet/Bet/Bet line just not to miss value from any kind of draws. There is still a GS possible. As played I like the Check/Raise size.

Best regards.