Stack
      UTG1:
      $2.29
      MP2:
      $2.59
      Hero:
      $2.07

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      UTG1 raises to $0.04, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $0.12, MP2 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.51) T:club: , 4:diamond: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.38, UTG1 calls $0.38, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($1.27) 6:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $1, UTG1 calls $1.00.

River: ($3.27) 9:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 raises $0.75 (All-In), Hero raises to $0.53 (All-In).

--- Not sure what I was doing here, I continuation bet the flop here since I raised preflop, and then I made a second barrel on the turn - but with such a big pot I dunno if that was the right decision with just overcards, especially vs a calling station - I think my hand should have gone more like this:

Flop: Cbet
      Turn: Check/fold
      River: Check/fold

Thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Royaltramp!

Preflop: ok

UTG range is quite strong, with his 39/6 stats you can expect him have either very strong hands on total trash here.

Flop: The board is very dry, so C-bet here would be standard. You can bet here even little bit smaller like 60% ($0.32) It will make the work.

Turn: I do not see any value in betting turn again. 6s added connectivity to the board. If he has complete trash (pair+gutshots) he's going to call you again anyway. If he has strong hand his calling you again. I would just check behind here and hope for rivering A/K.

River: River is just fold, we have AK high, we and we are mostlikely to strong PP or some made hand (PP+).

Regards

Funktor
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Royaltramp,

Actually I don't really like the CBet into so loose opponents, of course the board could be try but why to build up the pot if we didn't even hit? And also they are likely going to Call us anyway, doesn't matter which hand they have and we will never know where we stand with our hand. Just Check behind the flop and hope for a hit on turn. :) This is one of the spots where I like to Check behind and not CBet at all against 2 calling stations. Otherwise Check behind turn and fold it on river. :)

Best regards.