PKR $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

BB: $20.57 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 14, 3B: 13, AF: 3.3, Hands: 287
      UTG: $8.72 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 62
      CO: $1.53 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 0, 3B: NaN, AF: 1.0, Hands: 6
      BTN: $7.16 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 11, 3B: 2, AF: 0.9, Hands: 170
      Hero (SB): $13.65

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K:diamond: A:diamond:
      2 folds, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.80) A:spade: J:spade: 2:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.35, BB calls $1.35, BTN calls $1.35

Turn: ($5.85) Q:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

River: ($5.85) A:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.00, BTN folds, Hero calls $2

My thoughts during the hand went something like this

Pre-Flop
      [*] Put in a slightly large isolation raise as out of position.
      [*] Seen BB 3 bet TT+ a couple of times so give them a range of ATo+, A8s, KTo+ and 22-99
      [*] BTN give a slightly wider range given that they limped called. So hands like JT, Q9 and A8-A2 discarding good kings and aces along with mid pocket pairs which they would raise preflop

Flop
      [*] Hit top pair but the flop also hit a large portion of the range i was giving the other 2
      [*] C-Bet 3/4 of the pot hoping to take it down, got to get out of the habit of just pressing the 1/2 pot and 3/4 pot buttons :f_frown:
      [*] 2 Calls so can discount mid pocket pairs for the BB and not much changes for the BTN

Turn
      [*] Queen brings gutshot to the straight and the nut flush draw but also squarely hits the ranges of the opponents.
      [*] Checked for pot control planning to call/fold based on what odds i was getting for the flush draw
      [*] Both opponents checking behind kind of confused me with ranges

River
      [*] Ace comes giving me trips but doesn't really alter my hand so i check it
      [*] BB bets less than 1/2 the pot and the BTN folds, couldn't determine whether this was a value bet with AJ/AQ or value bluff with Ax

Questions
      Was the isolation bet pre-flop too large or is it OK considering position.
      Flop should i be betting closer to the size of the pot on this board.
      Are my ranges off giving the players stats
      Fire another bet on the turn given that I picked up a flush draw?
      Can i raise the river and overall did i play the hand too passively?

thanks for any feed back :D
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello parry,

Was the isolation bet pre-flop too large or is it OK considering position.

Not really, since we are just representing a very strong hand but of course against fishes we sometimes could pick such line, I'd do it just $0.50, CBet on missed boards would be also cheaper.

Flop should i be betting closer to the size of the pot on this board.

I'd bet something like $1.50 but it ain't that big mistake.

Are my ranges off giving the players stats

Yeah, the ranges are fine but I think you wont be able to think that much about the situation in game. Just don't have that much time for that. But obvious training to think about their ranges is always good, it improves a lot of your game.

Fire another bet on the turn given that I picked up a flush draw?

Since it's completed a straight I'd rather prefer to just Check/Call, we would be just in trouble if one of them decides to raise us.

Can i raise the river and overall did i play the hand too passively?

Nope, we can't really raise the river, what would we do if we get raised again? We had to just fold the hand, therefore it's better to just Call. Therefore I would have played the same way.

Best regards.