[NL2-NL10] NL5 - AK versus QQ... Am I missing a reason to fold here or did villain really play bad?

• Raykoid666
      Raykoid666
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $6.80
      MP2:
      $4.45
      MP3:
      $5.76
      CO:
      $1.23
      BU:
      $1.53
      SB:
      $1.10
      BB:
      $6.60
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $7.42

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.67) 3, K, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.47) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP2 raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60.

River: ($3.27) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $8.27.

Results follow (highlight to see):

MP2 shows a pair of queens(Qh Qd).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(Ah Ks).

Hero wins with a pair of kings(Ah Ks).

Only thing I was fearing was that villain might have AA but other than that I don't really see a reason I should have folded this or why he was so aggressive with that K on the board

Thanks in advance!
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Raykoid666,

Preflop: I don't really like your minraise here at all. Raise it to $0.20. As played being OOP it will be hard to extract value from him anyways therefore I'd either 4bet against him and get it in or just fold. He wont give us much credit anyway if we even do hit since we don't know the opponent.

As played
      Flop: Pretty standard CBet, we have to protect and also get value from weaker pairs.
      Turn: I don't really like the min-bet it just forces the other guy to raise us with even weaker hands and as bluff, therefore I'd make a normal bet, ~$1 and reevaluate river or reevaluate his play, how does he act.
      River: As played we just induced for such a raise and bet, therefore it might be even possible to Call the river but I would just make a normal bet on turn and wouldn't have such trouble Calling such a bet. :) Also would be helpful if you told us against what kind of opponent we are, we can't just say much in such situation, what play is profitable and what ain't if he is passive one, it might be even better to fold it on river.

Best regards.