Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $2.17
      Hero:
      $2.86

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.06, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.15) T:diamond: , 9:spade: , 8:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.20, MP1 raises to $0.62, Hero raises to $2.11, MP1 calls $1.49 (All-In).

Turn: ($4.37) T:club:
      River: ($4.37) 5:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.37

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (Js Jd)
      Hero shows two-pair, queens and tens (Qh Qd)

Hero wins with two-pair, queens and tens (Qh Qd)

Preflop: I choose to call in position here. Against worse / looser players I would raise, but this guy seems a decent tight player (11/9/1.5 only 35 hands, but the few hands I have seen him play he seemed solid TAG) so I worry that he would either fold with worse or reraise with KK+,AK. I think that by calling I keep his less strong hands in, and I am pretty likely to at least scoop up his cbet on the 2/3 of occasions when there is no A or K on the flop. Is this all ok thinking or should I just always raise QQ by default?

Flop: At the time of playing the hand, my thought was "I have overpair and gutshot, great, let's go broke". Reflecting afterwards, I am not so sure that my final shove was correct. Obviously I was correct to raise his small bet. But when he 3bets, he is representing at least an overpair, correct? If so, the only worse hand that will call my shove, in the range that he 3bets the flop with, is JJ, whereas I will be toasted by AA,KK,TT. So, was I wrong to 4bet shove and is there a better line?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Preflop: It's NL2. :) I would never be scared to raise QQ and even go broke. They tend to go broke with a lot worse. Just raise it up! It's actually a mistake to Call in such situation.

As played
      Flop: And why are you going broke on such flop then? :) But of course, it ain't a mistake, but this just a example, why do you Call it preflop then? If he had AK he would be going broke a lot easier preflop than on flop, on flop you face just a stronger range. Therefore I'd just go broke preflop.

Best regards.
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Ah, I understand now. Thanks for your help and Happy Christmas!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by member001
      Ah, I understand now. Thanks for your help and Happy Christmas!
      I am glad to help you, Merry Christmas to you too!