[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh - Qq

• DoigteurFou
      Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.94 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, BU folds, SB calls $0,35, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,20) J:club: , 8:heart: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,1, BB calls $0,10, Hero raises to $1,40, SB folds, BB calls $1,30.

Turn: ($4,10) 3:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4,10) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,7, Hero calls $1,70.

Final Pot: $7,50

What about this hand? standart? Should/could have I played it differently?
      I contibet my overpair to protect against the flush draw. A heart falls on the turn and I chose to control the pot. Should have I tried to get more value from jacks?
  • 2 replies
    • dallievas
      I think this hand is a bit similar like your Q9s hand.Arguments for flop and turn the same.
      Flop is ok against 2 oops,but think what range he can have? only FD? made hands-Jx,sets ,draws-fd, but also 9T,maybe some gutshot with fd or 1c bdfd,air.Very usefull to you would be to count these hands and count possible combos in that range and you will see how much % fd is in his range.
      On turn I think there is still worse hands that can call you so bet is should be ok,no need to pot bet.If he raises easy fold cos he passive too but too small sample.You even can consider bet river vs station ,some sort of thin bet but also check behind is viable option because some draw is completed.I they say "bet for value untill you get raised".
      As you played I think you can call this bet because your line can induce bluffs from some busted draw,tpJ can also bet thin.More aggressive player can bet also like TT. And odds to call is not the last thing,you getting better that 3:1 ,so you need to win less then 25% .
      Hope it helps.
    • Kaitz20
      pf and flop is fine
      I think both check behind on the turn or b/f are fine
      If you don´t see player ever c/r turn with worse hands then you can easily b/f and then take your free showdown. I´d bet 3$ for value.
      If player is more tricky and you had there Qh then I think checking back turn is better option, since then you can also improve if you´re behind flush and don´t have to worry getting blown off the best hand