$22.75
      BU (Hero):
      $14.02
      SB:
      $22.01
      BB:
      $19.62

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.45) 3, Q, A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.45) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB raises to $10.95, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.95.

preflop standard, on flop I decided to cbet standard since no bet from SB, after the flop call, I hesitated barelling but thought that I would have got a bet for protection if SB had an A, and an obvious fold on the c/r. Was my line and bet sizing fine? On the c/r I put him on at least 2 pairs or a set, I doubt he was semi bluffing. i have only 35 hands against this opponent and although he seems more on the aggressive side I dont really have a sample to work with.
  • 4 replies
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      1. hate the pre flop raise size. if u want to drop it down, make it 3bb instead of the standard 4bb open.

flop bet is fine to try and get a fold, but we're turning a made hand into a bluff here, so the only value in a flop bet is to extract value from Qx and FD's... i dont mind checking flop here
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      1. hate the pre flop raise size. if u want to drop it down, make it 3bb instead of the standard 4bb open.

flop bet is fine to try and get a fold, but we're turning a made hand into a bluff here, so the only value in a flop bet is to extract value from Qx and FD's... i dont mind checking flop here
      I suggested this raising size with his frequency and expectation of the player pool

I bet $1.25 on the Flop

Let me ask you this based on the Turnspot:
      I hesitated barelling but thought that I would have got a bet for protection if SB had an A, and an obvious fold on the c/r.
      Protection against what? how much equity does it have against you? Remember combinatorics to define how much x draws is in his range opposed to Y Ax hands
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I did not mean me rpotecting, I meant I expected that if he had an A he would have bet at least the turn for protection hence my barrelling.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No most players with no iniative and Ax will check to you again most of the times that's why I think barreling with KK sucks