This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK in the BU with A high flop NL25

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $8.10
      UTG2:
      $37.56
      MP1:
      $10.28
      MP2:
      $14.62
      MP3:
      $68.46
      CO:
      $22.75
      BU (Hero):
      $14.02
      SB:
      $22.01
      BB:
      $19.62

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.45) 3, Q, A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.45) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB raises to $10.95, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.95.

preflop standard, on flop I decided to cbet standard since no bet from SB, after the flop call, I hesitated barelling but thought that I would have got a bet for protection if SB had an A, and an obvious fold on the c/r. Was my line and bet sizing fine? On the c/r I put him on at least 2 pairs or a set, I doubt he was semi bluffing. i have only 35 hands against this opponent and although he seems more on the aggressive side I dont really have a sample to work with.
  • 4 replies
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      1. hate the pre flop raise size. if u want to drop it down, make it 3bb instead of the standard 4bb open.

flop bet is fine to try and get a fold, but we're turning a made hand into a bluff here, so the only value in a flop bet is to extract value from Qx and FD's... i dont mind checking flop here
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      1. hate the pre flop raise size. if u want to drop it down, make it 3bb instead of the standard 4bb open.

flop bet is fine to try and get a fold, but we're turning a made hand into a bluff here, so the only value in a flop bet is to extract value from Qx and FD's... i dont mind checking flop here
      I suggested this raising size with his frequency and expectation of the player pool

I bet $1.25 on the Flop

Let me ask you this based on the Turnspot:
      I hesitated barelling but thought that I would have got a bet for protection if SB had an A, and an obvious fold on the c/r.
      Protection against what? how much equity does it have against you? Remember combinatorics to define how much x draws is in his range opposed to Y Ax hands
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I did not mean me rpotecting, I meant I expected that if he had an A he would have bet at least the turn for protection hence my barrelling.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No most players with no iniative and Ax will check to you again most of the times that's why I think barreling with KK sucks