$2
      UTG1:
      $1.87
      UTG2:
      $4.92
      MP1:
      $1.94

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:club: , 4:club:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.10) 8:club: , 7:club: , 6:club: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.02, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, SB folds, Hero calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.16) Q:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

River: ($0.40) 8:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.2, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG1 raises to $1.75 (All-In), Hero calls $1.15.

Final Pot: $3.90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows a straight flush, tens high (Tc 9c)
      Hero shows (5c 4c)

UTG1 wins with a straight flush, tens high (Tc 9c)

--- Was I right to slowplay here?

Also, I know I shouldn't post results but this hand made me lol so I added them in, obviously don't check until after you've evaluated the hand.
  • 3 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I think your play is not optimal because you slowplay too much and next time you miss value.First option in multiway pot just bet and hope that at least someone has hand to call.In this situation you often will be called with one card fd,sets maybe oesd or gutshot with :club: .Other option is to trap like you did but you have build pot on turn so you need to raise because on river opponent can do not like his hand so much and fold to your raise or check behind.If he has a draw he folds,so raise turn at least.Same arguments is to check/raise flop and in addition many cards can kill action on turn.Let's assume he have oesd or set ,2p ,so he can slowdown if club hits turn.
      GL
      :f_confused:
      P.S results only confirm my opinion :D ,it's just a very rare kind of cooler.Last week I few times lost with nut full house to quads.Therese things are brutal but sometimes happens.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think slowplay flop is fine, but I´d c/r turn to get more money in the pot, although since it is only min-bet I think you can also c/r small and take initiative by betting turn and river.
      Since you only loose to one hand then getting all-in on the river is fine
    • Royaltramp
      Royaltramp
      Bronze
      Yeah I agree about c/r the turn, I think I misplayed this mainly because I was very excited about flopping a straight flush. Imagine my surprise when he turned over his hand.