Terrible poker play gave best win,

• SowndeFeX
      SowndeFeX
      Basic
      Drunken poker is one of the worst pokers to play or be involved in.

If you are drunk yourself you make stupid calls and crazy raises. If playing against a drunk you can loose alot of chips aswell. So AVOID it as much as possible.

Classic example.

I was playing a sit and go with some friends in a private poker club and we had all had a few beers. I had drunk much more and should really have been off dancing with the girls but ended up bleery eyed and sluring my words at the poker table.

My stack was medium and I really wanted out of the game. I had 7 3 H in the hand And called a preflop raise of 1 third my stack. ( me thinking about the ladies at this point, YÉS LOOSE MY CHIPS AND GET TO THE CLUB )...

I am sure you can guess what I flopped!! The one other guy in the pot moves in and of course I call. He had A Q H in the hand and threw his cards on the table saying " nut flush BABY"

I opened my cards slowly.

I then tightened up had a coffee and went on to win a nice purse.

I havent seen that other guy for a while.....

not a story to be proud of, just funny!
  • 6 replies
    • maxousek
      maxousek
      Bronze
      sorry but this is really fishy post.......
      u were lucky and won one hand.......and what ??
      73suited against AQsuited is 35:65 - equity preflop
    • SowndeFeX
      SowndeFeX
      Basic
      I can understand you think this is fishy. Its something that will probably only happen once to me.

I was trying to leave the game dont forget. I was incredible lucky to hit that on the flop.

To call a preflop raise with 73 is crazy!!

that is the point of the post. Belive it or not, Its no worries to me I was just expressing that playing drunk or with drunk people is also crazy.
    • maxousek
      maxousek
      Bronze
      You had 35% chance to win----- it is the same as if u would go allin on a flushdraw on the flop.
      Would you say that it is an incredible luck to hit a flush ??
    • SowndeFeX
      SowndeFeX
      Basic
      Straight flush
    • maxousek
      maxousek
      Bronze
      ok sorry i have read u had 73s and really did not knoew u flopped the straight flush....
      So then u were very very lucky
    • SowndeFeX
      SowndeFeX
      Basic
      yeah. It is not a boast at ALL.

I was also went a bit red as the guy is a very serious player.

I also once saw a guy who went all in on the flop with about 200 Euro. The flop was KK and a rag. The pot was only 30 Euro, every body folded.HE then jumped out of his chair and opened KK. He was shouting and yelling how amazing his hand was!!

Ha ha I almost wet myself.

Why not go fishing with that hand??