Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $14.71
      Hero:
      $2.35

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 6 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) A:club: , 7:heart: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.53, BB raises to $1.70, Hero raises to $1.95 (All-In), BB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($4.75) A:heart:
      River: ($4.75) 2:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.75

Hi,

I cbet about 2/3 pot size Flop and hoping to jam on Turn. However I get raised on Flop. I need some opinion about the way to play this hand. Thanks. :s_cool:
  • 8 replies
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      as played, fold to his raise... unless u have some sick notes that he loves to bluff with pure air, this board is so dry that i cant put him on 7x or JJ here.

also, on these boards, it's not always a bad idea to check back IP on Axx boards... if he checks turn as well your ahead alot of the time and it stops u getting c/r like this. with the board being so dry, a delayed cbet can often be a good line, as there really arn't many cards we are afraid of on the turn (except for a K obv, at which point we shrug and play c/f)

remember here, your QQ has showdown value against some hands villain may hold (mainly JJ and 7x) and by betting we are basically turning our hand into a bluff.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      as played, fold to his raise... unless u have some sick notes that he loves to bluff with pure air, this board is so dry that i cant put him on 7x or JJ here.

also, on these boards, it's not always a bad idea to check back IP on Axx boards... if he checks turn as well your ahead alot of the time and it stops u getting c/r like this. with the board being so dry, a delayed cbet can often be a good line, as there really arn't many cards we are afraid of on the turn (except for a K obv, at which point we shrug and play c/f)

remember here, your QQ has showdown value against some hands villain may hold (mainly JJ and 7x) and by betting we are basically turning our hand into a bluff.
      Let say Hero check behind and the Turn is not 'K' and Villain donkbet. I mean Villain try to represent that he has Ax .Then Hero? Thanks
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      Hi JHTAN

forget about what the hero is representing, you are often giving too much credit to most opponents in NL10. A lot of fish would be thinking "I haz got a A" or "I haz got a pair" and ship. and most opponents at this limit are thinking about their cards alone, not what you could be holding. So all you need to think is what can they have, what range would they be playing as they did, and with that what proportion of his range do you beat; to that your chance of hitting one of your 2 outs to hit your set that would more than likely put you ahead and finally your pot odds if you call. Forget about anything else.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ

Let say Hero check behind and the Turn is not 'K' and Villain donkbet. I mean Villain try to represent that he has Ax .Then Hero? Thanks
      if the turn was a Q, i ship it in ;)

seriously tho, depending on the size of villains bet, we could possibly float a turn bet on a very dry card (say a 4 for example). if the turn was a J or T, and villain bets, it's quite possible he's made a pair with that card, and we are now ahead. however, despite the basic SSS guide basicly saying to try to get your stack in the middle asap, i think this is a spot where if we both check flop, and villain donks turn, i possibly call once and re-evaluate river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I need your thoughts Jth so what was your motivation to play bet/jam with QQ? What do you think his raising range is ? etc. etc.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I need your thoughts Jth so what was your motivation to play bet/jam with QQ? What do you think his raising range is ? etc. etc.
      Merry Christmas Gerv and my friends, :s_biggrin:

I cbet Flop for balancing line. If he call my cbet on Flop, I will jam on Turn and it is also for balancing line. Usually, when I have Ax hand, I will bet flop and jam on turn with such board. For this hand, I think Villain range is pocket pairs. Because, a few hand before this hand, he check/raise the Flop A45 rainbow and he shown pocket 8. I thought he may not think that I had a made hand. So, I thought he check/raise to bluff. The purpose I pose this hand is I wish to know how to play this hand logically. Thanks. :)
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JHTAN
      I bet/jam because for balancing line. It is very obvious when bet on Flop that has "ace" indicates that I have the Ax and when I check the Flop indicates that I dont have it. Besides, may be the Villain dont believe me that I have Ax or made hand and raise with pocket pair or made hand. Thanks
      Hi,

with bet/fold you balance as wel ;)

You need ~35% EQ to bet/call

Lets give him a pretty wide range for a c/r:
      Player 1: 28,636 % 28,131 % 1,010 % 70,859 % QQ
      Player 2: 71,364 % 70,859 % 1,010 % 28,131 % KK-88, A7s+, A8o+

If we tighten that up to a more real range, it only gets worse:
      Player 1: 19,789 % 18,702 % 2,174 % 79,124 % QQ
      Player 2: 80,211 % 79,124 % 2,174 % 18,702 % KK-JJ, ATs+, AJo+

And gets even worse:
      Player 1: 7,412 % 7,412 % 0,000 % 92,588 % QQ
      Player 2: 92,588 % 92,588 % 0,000 % 7,412 % AJs+, AQo+

His range must be something like this to b/c:
      Player 1: 35,903 % 35,432 % 0,943 % 63,625 % QQ
      Player 2: 64,097 % 63,625 % 0,943 % 35,432 % KK-88, A9s+, KJs+, A8o+, KQo

So as you can see, b/f will be the line.

T.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Logically speaking people do not check/raise often enough with bluffs rather than the nuts.

Also you either bet for value or as bluff. You dont bet to balance because that is utter spew on your limit.

His raising range is Any Ace, 77,55, 86s, 75s and maybe some kind of weird pocket TT so equilate that range with your QQ and you see you dont have the equity needed (pot odds)

- Gerv