Stars VS FullTilt

• booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      Hi,

So I am going to reload my bankroll. I have always been a fulltilt player, however I have noticed that majority of players on fulltilt are more sharky :s_biggrin:

Is Stars more fishy? :f_biggrin:

I have been playing on tilt for more than 2+ years and tired of tables full of skilled players and trying to out think everyone.

Stars vs FT what is your opinion?
  • 23 replies
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Tables full of skilled players? You must be playing a different Full Tilt than I am. :f_biggrin:

Not really sure about higher stakes, but at the micros at least Stars is pretty much the same as FT skill wise, however at Stars there are way more 24-tabling nit regs.

Its pretty much up to preference, and you aren't going to find any huge differences if you make the switch. The Stars VIP program is great though. If you are looking for fish try a smaller euro site or something.
    • booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      I love full tilts software
      Hate stars software just weighing if its worth the switch...
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      My expirience on Stars is nice...!!
      Mico stakes are alwyas abundand of fish players and probably going with smaller euro poker site is better as the post mentioned before.!
      Im having great time in stars wining some loosing more lol :D :D all in all you wont regret it if u come :D !!
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I like Stars much more than FTP, the software and the opponents :)
    • booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      I am on stars now trying it out.
      Its just hard to change what I am used to...
      only thing is won't let me change my avatar to justin bieber :( trying to make people go on tilt with his face lol!

We'll see how it goes :)
    • booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      how do you check your tournament position besides manually looking for it in the main lobby
    • jokerstar77mucker
      jokerstar77mucker
      Bronze
      Info on the chat the chat box will show where you are in tourney!
    • crodady
      crodady
      Bronze
      i was playing on FT and switch on Pstarts ...

imo stars is much better...from softver to players and Vip program
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      they both suck if you wan to make money and are not that skilled so I recomend going to some smaller poker networks that offer rakeback. It is much better than chasing some illusive stars vip system.
    • Codrinul
      Codrinul
      Bronze
      Well ... thanks to pokerstrategy I have managed to see both platforms and I kind of go with Full Tilt there ...
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      The vip system from stars is quite awsome.. just reached silver star i get a 30k tourney with just 100 vpp, i know get 1.5 vpp instead of 1 and other 2 things that i dont care about anyways i say the vip system is very nice,
    • lamafao
      lamafao
      Bronze
      I think Full Tilt has better software.
      RiverStars sux =d
    • smile101
      smile101
      Bronze
      its pokerstars :) )
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      In my eyes they are somehow equivalent. You might prefer one or the other because of the particular game you're playing. Rakeback is a huge consideration if you have it.

Think how much $/hour you would make in what you're playing at Stars vs FullTilt and there you have the answer!

For sure if you play MTT's (no rush) Stars is by far better.
    • RosstheShark
      RosstheShark
      Bronze
      Playing on both I think they both have their pros and cons. As a UK player I appreciate the UK and Ireland specific promotion Stars do whereas I am a huge fan of Tilt's rush poker. It isn't much help but why not min register for both?!
    • Ribic87
      Ribic87
      Bronze
      defenitly Fulltilt !!
      its Jokerstars not pokerstars, it rewards all of the donk on turn or river !
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Imo:

Full Tilt - better software, worse players (talking about NL10, dunno about higher limits), rakeback, FT academy, cool avatars

Stars - Liv Boeree, i like their lobby a bit better, lesser rake, VIP system, more players then at any other site, bigger time bank
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      FillTilt poker looks better. There are different view options that make the cards clear and easy to see the boards. It offers different variations of Poker, my fav being Hold'em.

It offers Ring games (cash games), SitnGo's, or Tourneys with up to 90 people in them. If you are looking for less Donkeys, you will have to build up your bankroll and play in the higher limits.

If you play with "play money" then you start playing the $250 games, and increase your bankroll. These have the weakest Donkeys. Then move to the $2,000 games which are much more stable. The $10,000 games have no donkeys as you only start with $1,000 play money, so they are good.

One problem though with Fulltilt is that occasionally the flops are odd. The boards are sometimes paired way too often (i.e. A-2-5-A-7), which means you can lose a lot on the river. Other people disagree with me about this, but maybe you will be lucky and not get these crazy flops.

Pokerstars looks like a 1980's Atari game, it is blocky, hard to see chips, cards, etc. It is hard to navigate the games, the options, the tourneys, etc.

Best thing about Fulltilt if you are from the UK is that everynight at 8.20pm they do Freerolls, where you enter a tourney for free (around 1k people) and win real $. However its tiny, like $2, but if you win enough, you build a little bankroll and play with real $$$!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      you finaly went nuts huh? :f_biggrin: