$2.05
      MP1:
      $5.36
      MP3:
      $4.17
      CO:
      $6.72

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2:heart: , 2:club:
      MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 9:club: , 3:spade: , 2:spade: (5 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, CO folds.

Turn: ($1.30) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.55 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.55.

River: ($4.40) 8:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Tc 9h)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, deuces (2h 2c)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, deuces (2h 2c)

Hi,

Hero is SB. With 3 limpers and getting pot odds 9 to 1. May Hero play for set value in this situation? Thanks :s_cool:
  • 9 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Playing for set-value OOP is really hard. In unraised pots it will be hard to extract value if you hit.

It's better to play for set value in CO+BU.

Option in SB+BB is to raise AI with 3+ limpers. This will be high variance and very marginal with 22 though...

T.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Hi,

Playing for set-value OOP is really hard. In unraised pots it will be hard to extract value if you hit.

It's better to play for set value in CO+BU.

Option in SB+BB is to raise AI with 3+ limpers. This will be high variance and very marginal with 22 though...

T.
      +1, however with 22 I think raising will be a bit over playing it OOP and folding is a shame because of the already made pot equity. You only need to put $0.05 in pot of $0.45 to see a flop, I think in this case completing is really the best move.

Well played afterward you could have gone potsize on flop leaving you with $1.45 and a pot of $1.50 but that is just details :) .

GLATT
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hero is SB. With 3 limpers and getting pot odds 9 to 1. May Hero play for set value in this situation? Thanks shark cool
      I will reverse the question.
      What makes you think you can setmine with PPs on your limit and higher limits?

As you can see from my evaluations; I let you do the thinking more instead of just saying the answer. Doesn't have any connection with me being lazy or not willing to give the answer.

I just want you to understand it
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hero is SB. With 3 limpers and getting pot odds 9 to 1. May Hero play for set value in this situation? Thanks shark cool
      I will reverse the question.
      What makes you think you can setmine with PPs on your limit and higher limits?

As you can see from my evaluations; I let you do the thinking more instead of just saying the answer. Doesn't have any connection with me being lazy or not willing to give the answer.

I just want you to understand it
      Merry Christmas Gerv, :s_biggrin:

With 5 players seen the flop. As I know, 1 player hits a pair on Flop 33%. So, with 5 players on the Flop, I think someone should make a pair. Besides, at micro limit, player may limp/raise with monster preflop. So, with the pot odds 9 to 1, I think setmine may be +ev. Thanks
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      "PPs" is stands for poker players? I hope I guess it right.

PP = pocket pair ;)
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      "PPs" is stands for poker players? I hope I guess it right.

PP = pocket pair ;)
      Merry Christmas thazar, :s_biggrin:

Thanks for the answer.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Yes someone hits a pair 33% of the time. That may be bottom, middle and toppair so you assume that
      1) You hit a set and
      2) People hit a pair that

3) you get a double up

But you forget:
      A) People will sometimes fold TPNK on later streets, middle & bottompair you only get 1 street of value
      B) Against a set people still have <20% equity so you lose some money as well

In the end I think I rather shove preflop as setmining is soo marginal because you need to get his whole stack as soon as you hit otherwise it is just a waste of money

- Gerv
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv,

So, do you mean that you will fold pocket 2 preflop? Thanks :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I think I said in my previous post that I rather shove than limp because of my aggro style

This is a fold or shove spot