This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2:QQ face of the opponent's 4-bet ALLIN, I fold it?

• wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

播放牌局

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.84
      MP3:
      $1.05
      CO:
      $2.03
      BU:
      $2.15
      SB:
      $2.09
      BB (Hero):
      $2.44

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      3 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.09, Hero raises to $0.28, BU folds, SB raises to $2.10, Hero calls $1.81.

Flop: ($4.2) 7, 8, 8 (2 players)

Turn: ($4.2) J (2 players)

River: ($4.2) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.2.

I know that if holding a AA, KK, no doubt, be CALL ALL IN, but the QQ it?
      Holding QQ, CALL opponent 4BET ALLIN, will not be too weak starting hands
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wangwei520,

Since it's NL2, I don't mind going all-in with QQ, nice hand! And as we decided to 3bet then we can't really fold the hand. Either Call it and reevaluate flop or just go broke preflop. :)

Best regards.
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello wangwei520,

Since it's NL2, I don't mind going all-in with QQ, nice hand! And as we decided to 3bet then we can't really fold the hand. Either Call it and reevaluate flop or just go broke preflop. :)

Best regards.
      THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
      1. teacher, I can understand you: the lowest level of the game, ALL IN before the flop cards can be a little more? Such as QQ +, AK?
      2. I do not understand your meaning of this statement: reevaluate flop or just go broke preflop
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

You are welcome, I am glad to help you out!

1. teacher, I can understand you: the lowest level of the game, ALL IN before the flop cards can be a little more? Such as QQ +, AK?

Likely yes, you can go all-in with those hands on NL2, those people tend to go broke with just a lot worse and are way too loose.

2. I do not understand your meaning of this statement: reevaluate flop or just go broke preflop

By that I mean if you just Call preflop then you reevaluate the flop like if you QQ is good enough to go broke or not, or just fold on A high board or something similar. :)
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

You are welcome, I am glad to help you out!

Likely yes, you can go all-in with those hands on NL2, those people tend to go broke with just a lot worse and are way too loose.

By that I mean if you just Call preflop then you reevaluate the flop like if you QQ is good enough to go broke or not, or just fold on A high board or something similar. :)
      thank you for your help!
      If I get this hand is AK? all in or fold?
      In my opinion, AK is not into the hand, hit only if the FLOP A or K, have value
      If VILLIAN holding a POCKET PAIR, how many of my win rate?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If I get this hand is AK? all in or fold?

AK ain't always an all-in in this situation, it a lot depends on the opponent. How loose is he? How often does he raise? And etc, but usually on NL2, it's possible to go broke with AKo. I advice you to overlook our Starting Hand Chart. It will help you to get understanding which cards you can go all-in preflop and which not.

In my opinion, AK is not into the hand, hit only if the FLOP A or K, have value If VILLIAN holding a POCKET PAIR, how many of my win rate?

Yeah, true. Take a look into our software here: PokerStrategy Software.
      There is a EquiLab or Equilator, which will help you get understanding what % you can win the opponent. For example you put AK vs JJ you get this:
      Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 43,852% 43,647% 0,410% 55,943% AKs, AKo
      Player 2: 56,148% 55,943% 0,410% 43,647% JJ

Just play around with the tool and you will get your answer. :)