[NL2-NL10] KK on a flush board with redraw.

• RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Known players:    
      Hero:
      $5,07
      MP2:
      $7,56

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.95 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:club:
      MP2 raises to $0,17, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,56, BB folds, MP2 calls $0,39.

Flop: ($1,17) 4:club: , 3:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,9, MP2 calls $0,90.

Turn: ($2,97) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,7, MP2 raises to $6,10 (All-In), Hero calls $1,91 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($10,19) 6:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10,19

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a flush, jack high (9c 8c)
      Hero shows (Kh Kc)

MP2 wins with a flush, jack high (9c 8c)

How should i play this?
      Ofc he hit the flush there not so hard to guess altho how should i play the turn? He can have some other hands which i still want to get value from and when he pushes me all in he almost gives me direct odds for the flush....
  • 3 replies
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Would these hands you'd like to get value from reraise you allin? I think it was an easy fold, unless you know your opponent bluffs in large pots often.
      You don't have the odds to go for the flush, and your hand is behind all the hands that would reraise allin, except bluffs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DoigteurFou,

Nothing much we can do against such opponents, your play was totally correct! And in long run you earn a lot more money from him if he keeps doing such Calls preflop. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DoigteurFou
      Would these hands you'd like to get value from reraise you allin? I think it was an easy fold, unless you know your opponent bluffs in large pots often.
      You don't have the odds to go for the flush, and your hand is behind all the hands that would reraise allin, except bluffs.
      He is not always having the flush here.... he could have overpair, top pair, a set and much more and he is giving me good odds vs his total range not only vs his flush range. My call of 1.9 vs his flush i think is slightly loosing play. But vs AJ,KJ,QJ,Ax with a flushdraw, 55-TT+QQ I do have the odds. I have outs vs sets and vs flushes and the pot is so big.