[NL2-NL10] NL25 SH : Top two pair

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BU:
      $9.75
      SB:
      $13.50
      MP2:
      $24.98
      Hero:
      $52.44
      CO:
      $21.20
      MP3:
      $28.18

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, BU calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1.00, BU calls $0.75, SB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.00) A:diamond: , T:heart: , Q:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, BU folds, SB raises to $4.00, Hero calls $2.00.

[I]I decided to just contibet it instead of bet pot for protection because he could only have a gutshot (expect with a sucker OESD with J9). I just call his minraise for pot control[/i]

Turn: ($11.00) 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Again, I check behind for control. There's already quite a bit of money in the pot and I felt I was in a WA/WB situation.

River: ($11.00) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $8.50 (All-In), Hero calls $8.50.

Now this was different to me. When he pushed all in all of a sudden on the river, I presumed he was abusing the flush scare card.
      Up until the river, I put him on either a AT double pair, a KJ straight , an A pair high good kicker or a set of tens. I decided to call for pot odds, but wasn't really happy with the pot getting this big

Final Pot: $28.00
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      But him all-in on the flop, if it is going to be suckout, then fine, but you have to protect your hand against straight draws.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Raise more preflop, you are OOP so make button pay for his position. Postflop there is no need for potcontrol because SB is midstacked and you have top 2 pair, which easily beats his handrange. I either push him AI directly on flop, or atleast on turn.

Btw. did you move up to NL25 recently because to me it looks like a bit that you are playing with scared money?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I did move up today, but I usually play like this.
      I just prefer smaller pots when I feel it's a WA/WB.

It's not scared money at all ... if you seen some of my bluffs or calls, you'd know ;) I just don't ask advice for those hands :D
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      potcontrolling here isn't very good thing because if you try to potcontrol, villain will get all the money in with straight anyway but you end up not getting maximum out of him when he has something else than a straight, plus you need to protect your hand.

congrats on moving up btw. :)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Hmm, got a point there :)
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      The call on the flop is ok, as I'm hoping for a turn shove. If he checks, I'd bet the turn on my own.